CGJ fired up - Tracey Walker

These guys Ain’t sauce , Surtain. Or Ramsey

1 Like

exactly my point.
we are decent back there. but there’s a difference between round 1 and round 3 guys. (the counter-example is Okudah).

There’s a lot more counters than Okudah to your 3 super stars

True, but there’s also alot more hits in round 1 and flops in round 3.
But bottom line Jman, this is the year to wait on DB. Agree with you.

1 Like

Holmes style seems to be to grab the BIG beef early
I see the wisdom in the approach
Elite beef > Elite … everything else (other than QB)
So, I’d prefer not to go CB at 6
Add to DL or OL or QB if you “believe”
Plenty of depth to grab a quality CB later

1 Like

270+ guys that can move and are athletic , love football strong motors football character

Pernille Harder Football GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

1 Like

The fact that we brought in 3 starting level DB’s in one FA period, goes to show that there are a lot of DB’s out there in the draft and available most years. You also look at the ages of the guys we got. There is still a lot of tread on those tires.

It seems like this staff just likes to keep their options open. Some are going to underperform their 1 year deal, want to stay, then are brought back at less money than they originally wanted. Or they will overperform and then can decide to leave or stay at a still reasonable deal for the most part. They are keeping this churn going in FA. Then when they do make the long term investments. Those are the guys they are looking to tweak either restructures or moving salary movements/conversions because they know they are who they want long term. So the cap is going up and the dollar costs you more today than it will tomorrow. Then they use that money to get a CGJ and Mosely on one year deals. If they do great, we’ll be at the table with them. Hopefully they will do great and they will go at their FA like John Cominsky did. Desperately wanting to be a part of this.

1 Like

Fair enough
They probably had to pay him extra for putting up with Patricia

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.