Chargers excited about this OG that they stole from the Lions

Chargers fans think they have the next great OG because they stole this guy from the Lions.

Do you think we made a mistake letting him go?

Watch this clip.

Just glad to be done with the Quinn era. Aboushi is a better player than Vaitai. He can be a starter at G and he is probably no worse than Crosby at OT.

This is his 6th team is his career for a reason. Heck of a block in the vid though.

1 Like

I thought he was really starting to develop as an OG and I agree that he played better than Vaitai.

Vaitai was such a bad signing … he really needs to step up.

1 Like

Quinn’s worst FA signing. Coleman was a close second.

The Trufant signing might be worse.

1 Like

On Coleman, I still say they took a great zone slot CB and put him in man. Now he has to pay for that on a prove it deal and Patricia paid for it with his job.

1 Like

Nah the Trufant signing was easy to get out of.

Tavai’s contract forced us to keep him this year and to cut him next year will cost a big dead cap hit.

That contract sucked in so many ways.

Yes, 238# Zach Cunningham got pancaked by 315# Oday Aboushi. Wake me up when he does it to a guy on the DL. And BTW, that’s one…

1 Like

“Obviously, we’ve got Tavai. He’s another one that was, you know, part of this draft class a couple of years ago." - New Lions Coach Dan Campbell.

:rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I think Air meant Big V.

But, yes we still have Tavai! Campbell’s quote says it all, haha.

1 Like

The best defense I have heard for Vaitai’s horrible play last year was that he was out of shape. Yep, we’re supposed to excuse a professional athlete with a $60,000,000 contract for playing like ass because he chunked out right after signing the deal.

I was surprised that they let Oday go. He showed up when given the chance.

I did … thank you.

That’s what happens when your working and typing on the Den.

Yeah, kind of what I was thinking too. Not to mention, what happened to Zach’s leg when they engaged, it almost look like it gave-out on him.

Oday is otay…but not anything to write home about.
Or else we wouldn’t have let him walk.

Absolutely no faith in Vaitai being a viable starter this season but I understand they front office has to try and get something out of him because of that contract.

Then again you have Jesse James. There’s realy alot to pick from ish’t there?

1 Like

Another sub par year out of Flowers and you could throw him on the list as well imo.

The crazy thing is that Quinn was a pro personnel guy in NE. That should have been his strong suit.

You get a pass. Easy to confuse Vaitai and Tavai. Bewarare of a-i-v-t combo’s! Then they’re both rock solid bottom feeders too.

1 Like