Chargers fire OC Lombardi after playoff collapse

Detroit Lions OC Joe Lombardi denies play calling is predictable - ESPN Detroit Lions OC Joe Lombardi denies play calling is predictable

2 Likes

Turned Herbert into a big bag of suck, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Yep–that’s the guy.

1 Like

Yes. I don’t want to rehash it all, but, yes, Stafford was holding him back. :rofl:

2 Likes

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

1 Like

He would be a major step forward at IOWA.

Him calling a drive concept on 3rd and 17 with the season on the line was the worst single playcall of the season.

Greg Roman calling the QB jump play that turned into a 98 yard fumble TD and lost them the game was a close second.

And then after that I can’t think of a playcall that comes close to being as bad as those two.

I know that players calling out their coaches for making terrible decisions isn’t good, but Dobbins said what needed to be said. Now we’ll have to see if the Ravens go into the old knee jerk “HoW dArE Yoooo” or if they admit that the play call was laughably stupid.

Should have fired the HC as well. I’m sure he was involved in the play calling too

1 Like

Im not sure the jump was called…he had guys behind him in a normal rugby pigpile pusher kind of play…I think he popped up like a prairie dog and got cartwheeled by a rancher w/ a rifle.

-Does anyone else remember having this video/filmstrip played for you in school? It was supposed to make you empathize with the poor little fuzzy guys getting plugged over and over again, yet it just freaked out the girls and the guys were all Wooo ■■■■ Yeah, see that one tumble 15 yards!

Maybe I went to a different kind of school…

1 Like

Oh the memories of Joe Lombardi.

2 Likes

A former NFL player said that the Patriots under Belichick and and Ravens under Harbaugh are on 2 different planets. The Patriot Way is that the coaches know everything and the players are just chess pieces that need to STFU. The Ravens are on the opposite end where Harbaugh has an open door policy on gameplanning and playcalling and encourages his guys to speak up. He wants a collaborative effort, not a top down approach. So I have to imagine regardless of whatever Harbaugh says publicly, privately he is definitely receptive.

Another note on the fumble at the goalline, and another reminder of Belichick’s attention to detail. Bill tells his players to never reach the ball across the goalline unless its the last play of the game. There are too many things that can go wrong, and even if its 4th down they can get a stop and go right back in to score. So its not worth it.

1 Like

Best one ever :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

what was the original context for that video? they look like they’re having an awesome time.