Chargers fire OC Lombardi after playoff collapse

I wonder if this dude is finally done.

2 Likes

No one can be surprised by this
I mean no one!!!

He’s been living on the family name and Peyton’s curtails way too long. He’s a fraud of a coach.

Someone as connected as Joe will never be done unless he wants to do something else. Someone will always look out for him, even if they have to give him a nebulous title like quality control coach.

2 Likes

Well if Ben Johnson leaves at least we know what the worst option is.

2 Likes

Hopefully it won’t be us.

2 Likes

I wonder if the Chargers will replace him with Jim Bob Cooter!! Cooter always saves the day!

1 Like

I imagine he’ll be on Payton’s shortlist of underlings for wherever he lands.

1 Like

Waaaaiiiit a minute…
I thought this guy was a rock star & the only reason Matt every experienced a shred of success? Confusing…

No no no no no, you have it wrong…

This guy was a rock star who was held back by Stafford because Stafford wasn’t smart enough to learn his offense.

:wink:

3 Likes

Holy F I totally forgot about that!

1 Like

As long as you don’t need 1 yard.

1 Like

Nah. He’s a fine QB Coach.
People just have to stop thinking they’re getting Vince because Joe’s last name is the same.

Lombardi canned? Wow, never saw that coming…

It’s almost like he sucks at being an NFL OC :thinking:

1 Like

wait…. I wasn’t here back then….

did somebody really float that theory???

This is one of the more impressive things about Dan Campbell. Poor leaders put off hard decisions. Great leaders make hard decisions when it is needed rather than waiting. IF Lombardi was the problem then it was true mid season. It did not just show up in the playoffs. If Staley had made the tough decision mid season maybe the Chargers are still playing.

Wasnt lombardi the guy that the opposition defense was laughing and calling out the playcall before the ball was hiked.

2 Likes

For a former Lions OC you will need to narrow it down more than that. :joy:

3 Likes

Justin is freed from the Lombardi Atrophy. I’d trademark that one but what’s the point. He’ll
never be an OC again.

3 Likes