Chargers hire Brandon Staley

Anthony Lynn was a terrible game manager. Things like clock management, timeout usage, and game day de idioms werent his specialty. As long as someone was in charge of those things I could see him being a rock solid OC.

1 Like

I think the media portrayal that he didn’t think Herbert deserved the starting job, and then Herbert tore it up, really didn’t help his cause.

Thanks, Luke.

Doesn’t surprise me… A lot of offensive coaches don’t like rookie QBs… Especially in a year when your job is on the line.

Staley has delivered a top NFL defense and improved their results with virtually the same team Wade Phillips coached. Campbell hasn’t produced a top notch NFL anything. Campbell will have to hire people to install systems on both sides of the ball. Staley has to hire an OC to install the offensive system, while he brings in someone to HELP him install HIS defense. Staley is known as a defensive genius. Campbell is known as “a great leader.” Yes, I would have preferred Staley. Because with him, you feel pretty good that he will fix your defense. Campbell will have to hire that done because there is zero evidence that he can build an elite offense or defense and to me that is a concern. I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

Was really hoping we’d at least try to interview Staley. Campbell better bring in an experienced and successful D-cord.

Problem is the successful DC’s don’t go from DC, to rebuilding teams DC. You have to promote them to HC to get them. I guess I should clarify. Guys who were recently successful DC’s. Don’t want to hurt any Marv Lewis fans out there…

I’d be pleased with Wade! He doesn’t need to be promoted.

Pardon me for not being excited about the idea of bringing in a so called defensive genius who just got 500 yards of offense dropped on his head by our division rival.

1 Like

Like the SB before we hired MP? :joy:

3 Likes

Yep!