Chargers release Mike Williams

Yeah I don’t see it myself.

How much more production can he give us than bringing back Josh Reynolds at a much lower price point?

Duh. Brad has to sign every overpriced free agent or else he suck at his job.

On a serious note, I believe Brad is looking to add a 3rd WR option but is waiting for the market to settle.

I like shiny new toys?

Really, I think the Lions just need a solid X option who can handle physicality at the line. I think Jamo is a Z, who is better suited with a bit of a cushion, and ARSB is your Y who is amazing in the slot, but good enough to play anywhere.

Though here, particularly, I don’t think that Williams is the best fit for the Lions - but would definitely bring a skillset the Lions don’t have (and also don’t utilize a ton), so I’m not sure it would make a ton of sense unless Ben wanted to add that wrinkle into the offense.

1 Like

Yes, and in a world without the constraints of a cap, that all sounds good.

But we need someone opposite Hutch.

Also, I’m not sure I could handle another 'BMW" on the Lions.

I’d prefer Chark on a 1 year deal over paying Williams big money and term.

Chark already knows the offense and Goff.
And would be far cheaper

3 Likes

Jonah is a Ram…

Would have made an interesting WR though… points for originality!

Can never have enough weapons TBH

His price though is the question cause, hes good when healthy, but god damn hes injury prone as hell.

I think there’s a shot that the free agent WR class remains significantly unresolved until after the draft. And then there aren’t bean ramifications

3 Likes

100% agree, but I’m not sure where that help is coming from at this point. :person_shrugging: And I’m not sure a WR signing is going to change that.

Chark definitely seems like the much more sensible option if both parties are open to a reunion.

3 Likes

OBJ is available :smiley:

The hole at X is clear, and I think taking the offense to the stratosphere is something our FO will genuinely consider. They know what works in today’s NFL.

And Brad has been visiting with lots of X WRs.

1 Like

Josh Reynolds is Goff’s homie and was a key piece of the offense. He’ll be back eventually, I think. I’m over his dropsies in the NFCC game, but maybe Dan and Brad are not.

Matt Stafford would
Mike Williams should just drive next door

JRM and Glasgow both came back. Why not Chark? From all accounts he was a good teammate. Makes too much sense to me. So it probably won’t happen. Haha

So would Josh Allen. And they just got rid of their X receiver…

1 Like

True, Mack Hollins they signed him he don’t count tho does he

I don’t think so, not a fit for Goff or the Lions offense tbh. I think he’s a fit for Stafford and the Rams actually.

1 Like