Chargers still $25M over the cap, must be compliant by 4pm

They’ll be fine, their defense has been atrocious but they still made the playoffs and should have won a game a year ago. Herbert is a great equalizer, they need to help their oline and get a WR with actual speed. They have been competitive every year with pretty much the worst defense in the league.

I would trade for Mack if he deferred his bonus on Friday. Then it would be a 1 year deal for $17.5m give ‘em a day 3 pick

Yeah, the 6th we got from the Carlton Davis trade would be actually solid for the mack trade

This, yes.

Would Holmes make a trade to them? I guess we find out today

I have no doubt he researched them, wouldn’t be there if he hadn’t.
He will make it work, his history shows he makes it work.

Harbaugh wanted to work with Herbert. He is a fantastic team builder and motivator. He will be fine. Now i did expect a partial rebuild to fix the cap when he got there. But he will be fine. He is one of the very best.

He Was really good in 2020

That was the year that led to changes in staff and other internal items that brought UM to the last three years, huge step back and a giant step forward many areas.

Connor was his best…

The comment was not a serious. I am sure he did his research.

1 Like

Ya so davis and mack/bosa plus a 6th next year for a 3rd

I would do it, especially if we can grab reader

I dont want bosa. Dude cant stay on the field.

As a crutch for opposing teams, fans, no doubt… :rofl:

I know.

We dont have the cap space left to trade for bosa or mack without restructure. Little lone sign one of them and Reader.

Chargers really taking this down to the wire.

Yeah I should have been more clear. Zero interest at 23M. Would have to be a deal negotiated where the Chargers take some of that pain and/or he renegotiates a short term deal. Don’t disagree that he isn’t a 17 sack Mack. But even if you remove that entire game, he still got like six times more sacks than any other player we had last year not named Hutch or Alim and he tends to suit up every game not missing a game in the past two years. He also logged over 70 tackles at DE which you don’t exactly luck into as well as put up 21 TFL’s and 36 pressures. IE he could lose like 8 steps and still be way better than what we lined up last year at that spot!

2 Likes

Your point? Thinking a goff, davis extension etc can get that done.

Probably hoping for a trade.