Chark in talks with lions

If we pick up Chark and then a we in the draft, do we lose cephus? Who is out?

Cephus for sure. They love Raymond and Reynolds has been a bargain. I think it either/or though…Chark or a WR draft pick

Starting to really want Chark and the GA TE as a combo plate.

Carter
Washington
Banks
Gibbs
OL

or

Gonzo/Spoon
Washington
AA
Gibbs
OL

Probably need to move back in 1st and then up in 2nd to get Washington and AA

3 Likes

He’s been working out with him in the last few weeks.

Make it happen. Force Jamo to work his ass off to get playing time. Chark keeps us from having to allow Jamo to dictate on his terms. Make the lad conform to what this team is about and how we do things rather than stick him at wr1 and throw him a bunch of balls because of his lofty draft position. I want to love the guy but it’s time to grow up fast Jamo!

3 Likes

This ^^^!!!

This is an earn it team.

1 Like

I was kidding. I actually don’t think they take Bijan. If they do, fantastic. Just don’t think they do.

Washington is not happening. They like their tight ends. They don’t need a tight end…I like Washington the player alot…I don’t like him in Detroit based on how they like what they have and it isn’t a priority position.

With that they have done in FA thus far…I hope to God they are not rolling with tune and what what they have already at backup…would not make any sense.

Moody makes no sense for them. They like what they got. He is consistent and reliable at 25-40 yards out. That’s all they want a FG kicker to do…they conducted a league wide study on fg kicking over the last 12 years and the evidence is damning…you don’t need a 52 yard or further fg…that’s just a missed opportunity to score a td…there is a great deal more nuance to the findings but that is it in a nutshell.

more likely this contract for Chark will be another 1 year prove it deal if he comes back…prove he can be healthy and play like he did earlier in his deal. It would be unlikely to be less then what he got for this last year…My personal favorite of the 3 below is the stroud, McDonald, henley, jones draft.

I am with you. People are forgetting Chark has a strong injury history. I’m ok with a two year deal but it must be tied to games played

2 Likes

I think a 1 yr 8 or 9m deal is very possible. WR market imploded.

1 Like

For continuity’s sake, I’d like to see him back.

Vaitai’s $6,551,806 salary cap savings would be a good place to look for the loose change underneath the cushions.

2 Likes

Great way to look at it, IMO. I would give Big V’s base salary of 9.4mil to Chark is a second.

I have no problem going out two years. I want no part of going three. (except for the void year that will be attached) But I also know that Brad has a fair number in mind and that will be that. My guess is that he saw the market and will come back to the best situation for him. 1 year $8.5 with up to $11 with incentives… or 2 years, $16 with up to $21 with incentives. We can laugh when I am so far off of this projection. Incentives will be attainable, but not easily so.

1 Like

Would/CAN a guy like charm wait until
After the draft or would that mean he takes half
Of what he’s currently being offered?

Moneyball Holmes approves of this message!

1 Like

Based on him not being signed yet tells me a 1 year prove it deal may be in the works. He is probably not happy with any longer term deals being proposed. He may believe in himself but looks like most teams are willing to wait til the draft or are disrespecting him with low offers. His value goes down quite a bit after the draft I would think.

2 Likes

The WR free agent market really hasn’t got paid at all. Adam Lazard got the biggest contract of all, and even that is potentially just a 2 year 22 million deal if they decide to move on after 2 years they can.

Check out all the contracts and who is still available. Chark and his agent can’t be impressed with the market. Robert Woods got 2 years - 15 mill. Slayton got 2 years 12 mill.

2 Likes

It’s that Golladay/Giants deal. Soured the whole league on free agent WRs.

That deal stung so bad the whole league felt it.

8 Likes

Hey now Kenny did score a TD last year, that was a huge improvement over 2021. He averaged 36 million per TD catch during his time with the Giants.

Great diagnosis and observation. LOL.

3 Likes

Did it take an extra year bc Kirk still got paid?

1 Like