Chark signs with Carolina

I honestly don’t see it as that big of a loss!

WR in play at 18

3 Likes

We did go WR early in the draft… last year. Our top 3 pass catchers will likely be St. Brown, Jamo, Swift/Taylor. Add in spreading the ball around to different TEs in the redzone… not sure why everybody is so caught up in our 4th or 5th option.

1 Like

yes… a #2 who provided insurance. And people are acting like we lost Calvin and need to replace him with a 1st round pick.

2 Likes

Overreaction oh boy. When we lost Golladay, Holmes waited until the 4th round to get a receiver. He’s not going to reach for JSN at 6. They may pick one at 18 or 48, but not 6!

3 Likes

Nah this aint me overreacting

More like i feel like the pick at 6 is solidfying JSN more tbh

Im fine with day 2 wr, but i think jsn is in play now

1 Like

I’m ok with not paying a bunch for Chark, but I did want him back. WR is now a need. We’re an injury away from being in trouble

I think for a fan base with high hopes for this upcoming season, our WR group just went from a potential strength to an average unit. If Jamo/Brown gets hurt we are in really bad shape.

For our TE’s to be effective the WR’s need to be drawing the attention away. For our run game to be dominant, we need WR’s on the outside keeping the safeties from creeping into the box. With Chark and Jamo on the outside, most teams would not dare stacking the box unless it was an obvious run situation. Without another guy who is a vertical threat, teams can get the safety over top Jamo and creep the other safety towards the LOS.

While Marvin Jones may not have the deep speed of Chark, he is elite on 50/50 balls.

1 Like

The value of this class sucks though, everyone’s bumped up a round IMO from where they would be historically.

Everyone but JSN. Six is a little rich but I’d rather a small reach on a guy who’s gonna be great than a big one on one of the others.

To me the value doesn’t start to level out until the 4th round or so.

1 Like

Which Goff rarely throws.

4 Likes

What position can’t we say that about? What happens if Sewell gets hurt. What about if Goff gets hurt. What if Mcneil gets hurt. You don’t spend a 1st round pick on an insurance policy, you spend it to upgrade a position. Maybe if you thought JSN was a true difference maker, I see a guy who is going to split snaps with St Brown. There is no Calvin Johnson in this draft.

3 Likes

Everyone said Goff rarely throws it deep as well, but look what happened when we added a couple deep threats.

He never really had a guy who excelled in those 50/50 situations. Marvin is also an excellent red zone weapon, which we could really use as well.

I don’t know how you look at the DT position on this team, and the receiver position, and say oh ‘we need another first round receiver’. That’s Matt Millen stuff!

1 Like

I hope one of those great games isn’t against the Lions in a playoff game…. :imp:

Fair enough, I’ll believe it when I see it. He didn’t do it in college or with the Rams either, seems to me like it’s just not a part of his game.

2 Likes

I think WR is in play at #81, though more likely with our 3 late picks. You betting against Brad after plucking Amon-Ra in the 4th round?

That was an elite, deep class. This class is the opposite. ARSB would be a 2nd rounder in this one.

2 Likes

Guy wins the underwear olympics and jumps from the last third to the first third. No thanks. He’s the same guy he was before the combine.

Jayden Reed 3rd round. And I hate the Spartans.

As soon as I read “he’s in negotiations with detroit” I knew he wouldn’t be back. That’s not how this works usually. You hear about a signing.

1 Like

It’s the guy from before the combine I’m evaluating. My evaluation of him has nothing to do with the underwear olympics and everything to do with his tape. Defenders simply can’t stop him from getting open.

2 Likes