Charlie Campbell 4/22 mock draft

Usually i am not a trade up guy. But the closer we get to the draft the more it looks like we will just miss out on the top talent.

My current board order (minus a few less realistic guys i would love like Brock Bowers)

Latu
Murphy
Newton
Verse
Q Mitchell
Barton
T Arnold
Thomas jr
DeJean

These guys are tiers better than who we are likely to be left with. I would consider trading up at a reasonable cost for one of these guys. I love a few other guys but would prefer a trade down before selecting them (Zack Frazier).

3 Likes

#6: Devon Witherspoon

#18: Jahmyr Gibbs

#48: Jack Campbell

2 Likes

Yeah pretty great

1 Like

If this was the true draft. I would go
29th G/ot Graham Barton Duke
61st i agree. But not sold on Coleman
73rd Jonah Elliss De Utah
164th sione vaki s utah
201 Carlton Johnson cb Fresno state.
205 aj barner te Michigan
249 i agree

1 Like

DJ just listed him at #121 in his final top 150. :eyes:

1 Like

Evidently DJ watches film

He had us taking Gibbs and Campbell. He had us taking a DT, a QB, two OG’s and a TE, so he hit on every position.

Yeah hsv said something like that above. Really crushed it for us.

Which is interesting, because I’m fairly certain we run a really tight ship. Maybe some of our front office shuffling recently points to leaks, but very little popped up elsewhere before the draft. So either he had someone willing to talk inside the organization, someone from another team really had a handle on what we wanted to do, or he was just guessing and got lucky. I hope it’s the last one.

To be fair we moved all over the place with the trades and I do believe that it was as much a function of players that fell as anything.

I’ve heard Brandon Thorne say twice that he thinks Kingsley has 3rd round film and 1st day traits. Thorne watches more OL film than anyone from what I understand.

121 is flag planting. Kingsley is going much, much higher than that.

1 Like

That’s Plan A for me in the Den Mock Draft Contest.

1 Like

Looks like he updated it 4/23. He has us going with Johnny Newton at 29. Still has us with Keon Coleman in the 2nd rd.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024charlie_1.php

Nobody has us going Newton in the mock contest… kinda makes me wanna switch my pick.

4 Likes

PFF has position rankings. They have him rated as their top guy. For whatever that is worth.

I don’t think he makes it to us.

I would lean that way as well, just trying to apply some game theory to this thing (without resorting to taking day 1/2 players on day 3)

Right. And then actually why I think Johnny will be gone. Seems like a lot of reporters have been pushing out of favor vibes. Too many for my liking.

Well the main reason is the dearth of impactful defenders.

Precisely. I think that’s pushing Murphy up the board as well.

Here’s his excerpt about the Lions pick from yesterday’s update…

“I think the targets for this pick could from a distinct group that includes Jackson Powers-Johnson, Johnny Newton, Darius Robinson, Kool-Aid McKinstry and Ennis Rakestraw. Powers-Johnson and McKinstry are gone in this version, amd I think Newton is the best remaining player among the five. Newton would give the Lions a pass-rushing three-technique to team with Alim McNeil and D.J. Reader.”

And again, this is the guy who had this for us last year…

I know there were quite a few of us that had him DEN POLL PICK 29

I think he’s worth at least a 6th rounder in my den mock contest :wink: