Chase young out

The Washington game just got a little easier. Chase young to the pup. He’ll miss the first 4 games.

3 Likes

He isn’t even one of their top 3 defenders. Very overrated player. This is one of the few games the Lions have a chance of winning because Washington is also inept.

1 Like

Still…with our OL…easier is good! We’re gonna run 'em over.

3 Likes

wow, what happened to him…he was supposed to be the next big thing. Is it related to last years injury?

2 Likes

I’ve always thought he was more hype than production. Just like clowney. At the same time he’s still a talented pass rusher. I’m all for anything that helps us keep Goff upright and healthy.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s him still recovering from last year’s injury.

3 Likes

Good! The last time we played Chase, he knocked Swift out with a concussion and Swift missed 3 or 4 games, that was his rookie season.

3 Likes

Can the players still be take off PUP before beginning of season?

Hope our rookies can duplicate his first year…

2 Likes

I’d rather see Hutchinson have a rookie season like maxx Crosby did. 47 tackles and 10 sacks. Chase young was solid but I don’t feel like his production ever matched his hype. He was playing on a talented defensive line. 7.5 sacks is a solid season but you’d be right to expect more from a talent like young. 1.5 sacks in 9 games his second season isn’t good.

1 Like

Hutch will probably have 10 sacks by mid season! Pass the koolaid!

2 Likes

Chase dribbled Swift’s head off the ground like a basketball. There was no need for that at all…

2 Likes

I remember thinking Chase was exactly what we needed and bummed that he would be gone before we were able to pick.

Now I just look back and wonder what could have happened if we let the Vikes win the Scott Mitchell sweepstakes (sorry, couldn’t keep a straight face) and we had signed Warren Moon instead.

1 Like

He won ROY but it wasn’t a remarkable performance. Ziggy had a similar rookie year for us. And looking thru a veteran lense Charles Harris had a better year in 2021 than Young had his rookie year. And whats most important is the lack of growth in production since then.

That being said if he can come back healthy I feel like he can turn the ship around and make an impact. I feel like he has the talent and mindset to flash for a 16 sack season in the NFL. Something a guy like Clowney lacks.

Oh, I don’t know. Clowny has been pretty good. No super star, but he’s had a good run. His time in the sun.There are better, but there are worse, too.

What got me was that sack he got against the Wolverines. I mean sure, it was a good play on his part, but I’ve always thought it was overblown. I’m pretty sure that just about ANY defensive player rushing a quarterback UNOPPOSED would get the same results. Nobody even touched him. He blew right through. Hell, I might even had been able to. Well, if I didn’t trip over my cane trying to move that fast. And they would have had to drag me off the field.

Oh man, that damn koolaid. I’ve drank so much of that shit over the decades….Drank it. Chugged it. Snorted it. Mainlined it. Even an enema or two. Once a buddy even dipped a joint in it and let it dry. Nothing at all like acid.
I honestly don’t think I can choke any more of it down. I’ve pissed and shit blue for half seasons sometimes. I’ve even tried mixing it with alcohol. Still couldn’t get through a whole season. I don’t chug it anymore. Might sip it a little or do a shot of it every now and then, but straight up drink it? No. Not any more. My innards can’t take it and I just can’t get emotionally vested that much anymore. I just hope for the best and accept what happens. Same for Red Wing red and Tiger orange and blue. Damn! This used to be a decent sports town……sometimes.

It IS kinda good once in a while, though. Just for the novelty of it.

1 Like

The player he hit on that play was Vincent smith a 5’6 180lb running back. He was unblocked with a running start. He better have lit him up. That was also the only real play he made that game. Taylor lewan handled him the rest of it.

2 Likes

Clowney is having the type of career that an ultra talented guy has when he doesn’t have the desire to be great to go with it. He is like a WR chosen 1st overall that gets you 800 yards per year. Like you said…there are better and there are worse. Either way he has cheated himself out of a great career.

4 Likes

So we would’ve lost that draft no matter what. I mean, other then a trade down. But TD’s that year seem to have been a no go or something.

2 Likes

Hutch is going to get the Dwight Freeney treatment where they start double teaming him mid-season. That’s going to hold him to about 15 sacks.

Just kidding of course, I doubt he’ll be that awesome, he’ll probably only get 14 sacks.

2 Likes