Chase Young trade rumor?

They actually might, its close.

Surely any trade would be for the no 2 pick rather than Goff?

In an ideal world one of the QBs has a stellar draft season and we get offers for no 2. Although I think we’re much more likely to get a good deal for no 32 than for no 2.

Not trying to highjack…

But I really thought Ron R would do well there as the new HC…. But as we see, it takes more than just a HC to build a team!

Still, I’m disappointed some with how RR has done there overall

1 Like

imagine if that happened and being Goff. You go from the best team in the league to the worst. But at least the worst with a great coaching staff and promise. Then you get sent to the Commanders…

Talk about career regression. At least the consolation is you’re already a millionaire and your girlfriend is smoking hot

1 Like

Since Deshaun Watson just continues to hang out there in legal/civil liability limbo, if I’m the Texans, at this point I push the issue.

Go forward with plans to have Watson start and play, and make the NFL take an action, if they’re going to take one.

The status quo is untenable for the franchise.

Also, I don’t think the Chase Young deal is good enough for Houston.

1 Like

Wow - never thought of that. Shiiiiittt-eeee, man. That would suck.

That’s one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is he won Defensive Rookie of the year with 7.5 sacks in 2020 and then had a lot of injuries in year 2. Get him healthy and he could explode in year 3 potentially. He has tons of talent.

“Young was the standout of his rookie class, leading all rookies in sacks (7.5), tackles for loss (10), pressures (40) and tied for first in forced fumbles (4)”

Watson would certainly be a cultural fit for a Daniel Snyder team.

4 Likes

I JUST posted this in another thread: “Nice rookie season, but not quite what they hoped.
Last year? 1.5 sacks, 3 hurries. Nine games. Bad injury. Still, rounding UP, it’s a 3 sack, 6 hurries season.”

BTW, Washington’s D played better without him. Not saying he won’t be a stud, but he’s been more “dud”.

When I first opened this thread, my mind immediately went to Jamarr Chase, and I was like “why the heck is Cincinnati going to trade him?!?!” Then I was like, oh yeah, chase young…

Getting my Chases’ confused

If Watson wants a career, he needs to reach a settlement with these lawsuits. Like now.

That’s true. Not the best situation. Watson needs a coach like Mike Tomlin.

Rothlessburger was doing stupid shit under Tomlinson. Why would Watson be different?
Watson needs Holmes. :wink: (see what I did there)
Truthfully, our coach would be as good as, or getter than any in dealing w/a guy with “issues.”
That said, I’m not sure if they would/woudn’t want to. First we need to find out what actually happened and the extent of his infractions.

Why do I say Tomlin? He’s a no nonsense leader of men. I think he could reach Watson in ways others couldn’t. In a way Watson desires to be coached. Not that the Steelers have the type of ammo to pull that trade off, but I see it as a good situation for him.

I would move Goff in a millisecond if they would trade us Young for him(they wouldn’t).

When it comes to trades, I would focus on teams with cap problems.
For example, Dallas has some serious moves to make. A guy with little dead money and a big gap savings is Anthony Brown CB. There is a strong possibility he could be a cap casualty so they may take a 6th or 7th rather than getting squat. His base is only 5M so cheap for his ability. He may want a new deal, but we would hold the cards. adding a solid CB for that price and saving draft capital for other needs would help.

IF I say IF Okudah can recover great or it opens him up to possibly moving to safety.

I could see how that could happen. You cut to the Chase too quickly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.