Chiefs WR Kadarius Toney (candidate for Lions MVP on TNF) deletes social media account amid reactions to drops

That’s a healthy thing. I think more athletes (and people in general) should be minimizing social media.

8 Likes

Good for him, i deleted social media years ago. Everybody should try it.

3 Likes

Social media is the cause of most of our problems in America. But the dude is human, and was a big part of them winning the SB last year with that punt return.

6 Likes

Social media when used correctly is amazing but usually it’s just used to spread BS and hate.

5 Likes

Feel bad for the dude. I’m sure it’s not how he wanted to perform and social media can be brutal. And people are insane, wouldn’t be surprised if he got death threats over his drops because people are unhinged.

4 Likes

You guys realize that this forum is technically a type of social media, right? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I’m with you on that. I mean MJ III did not have his best day at the office. He knew it. He even humbly clowned himself three times in the post-game:

• Said “we had a lot of roadblocks to overcome, mostly starting with me”

• Said “it was my first fumble, obviously not what I wanted”

• Said “everyone on offense was doing great, all the (position) all the (position), all the receivers, well except me but that’s alright I’ll get everyone back in another game”

Point being, he had a flat out shitty game and I don’t see his feed being blown up by shitty Lions fans. Wish the Chiefs fans would treat this guy the same way.

2 Likes

Man… it wasn’t just him. It’s too easy to say ‘he cost them a win.’ There are too many variables for that.

Why isn’t it the D-line’s fault for allowing the TD run, or not sacking Goff more? Why isn’t it Reid’s, for not pulling him after the first 2-3 drops? Why isn’t it Pacheco, for missing a cut that could have resulted in a TD? On and on…

That article is crazy times. Cut a guy for one bad game? Trade him? Yikes. Overreact much?

Seems they have forgotten the heartbreak of losing games. It’ll take a couple of decades for that to wear off around here…

1 Like

STFU!:rofl:
This is therapy.

4 Likes

Humanity was/is clearly not ready for the emotional intelligence that en masse social media requires…it’s basically fast tracked modern civilization into full blown idiocracy. I digress, good for him…I did the same years ago. That being said, the only social media I use these days is The Den and a Tigers forum.

True, but this is niche’…there’s no non-Lions/non-sports Dbaggery opinions that are tolerated for the most part, which is the way imo.

1 Like

Was Toney’s performance worse, equal to, or better than Marvin Jones?

I think Toney’s performance was a little worse than Marvin Jones but they both were terrible

2 Likes

Yeah but

Winning cures all.

Marvin is forgiven

He didn’t delete his account. He tried to pick up his phone and dropped it (and broke).

I do think that Kadarius is a good example of the kind of kid Dan and Brad are avoiding. You can have all of the talent in the world, but if your head isn’t screwed on straight it can cost the team games.

2 Likes

It’s very clear that this is why we passed on Carter.

And lies…got to take the good with the bad

Wasn’t he injured this summer as well. Not easy.