Chris Jones re-signs with Chiefs

5 years, includes 95 million guaranteed.

all Guaranteed btw

thats a monster deal

2 Likes

95 mill guaranteed… wow

Lots of DT’s have got big contracts but no one even close to the guaranteed money Jones just got.

He gets 95 mill in the first 3 seasons…

The specific details of the deal are still are being finalized, but Jones will sign a five-year deal in which all the money in the first three years - $95 million - is guaranteed. Once the contract is signed, Jones will have the highest-ever average annual salary for a defensive tackle.

Yeah I just didn’t see the Chiefs letting that dude go. He’s too pivotal of a player on their defense that can’t be replaced.

3 Likes

so clarification

Total money has not been released yet, its the highest ever for an NFL DT ever

so 95 mil of that contract is guaranteed

im guessing around 130 to 140 million total

I would have gave him that and more

Hunter, come on down!

2 Likes

Oh H E double hockeysticks NO! Tying up 12.5% of your cap in a 30 year old DT where age is not your friend? No. Chiefs are going to regret this contract and you can bookmark it if you want. Two years younger and it’s a different angle, but he’s too close to the cliff to be doing that.

2 Likes

Dude legit getting QB type money

3 Likes

I have covinced myself that this is going to happen.

According to some in Minnesota, Brad tried to trade for Hunter at the deadline, and Minnesota turned him down. If he was willing to give up draft capital for Hunter, it stands to reason that he would still want him for free.

Free, other than a huge contract, of course.

1 Like

$160 million is being reported by Rapsheet….

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1766789091662647547?s=20

1 Like

Woooof

32 mill apy, 95 GTD, Essentially a 3 year deal if front loaded

Mike Disney…oops…I mean Mike Disner…is impressed…

Lol…

“Mike Disney.”…lol…thats funny…

Mickey Mouse Disney GIF

1 Like

95 million Guaranteed

Will they be able to sign Sneed long term? Or even how do they keep him on the franchise tag after the Jones deal?

They have the money to sign Snead longterm. It just comes down to how much they value him, and if they WANT to sign him for the money he is asking for. But as far as fitting it under the cap, its not an issue.

4 Likes

This might be what Alim was waiting for. Man that is HEFTY.

If Alim expects a Chris Jones deal, I wish him well with his next team.

2 Likes

No, I meant that its a market-setter, a benchmark, not that he’d be paid anywhere near him.

1 Like

Ahhh that makes more sense.