CJ Stroud šŸ‘€

Matt Stafford went to a team with Calvin Johnson and one of the best offensive coordinators in the league at developing young QBs (Scott Linehan).

I remember all of that. HSV seems to be hoping we remember differently given his long term love affair with OSU lol.

I was wrong about Stroud, and right about Young and AR15

1 Like

Iā€™ve already posted my mea culpa about Stroud but to me it is more blind hog finding acorn than OSU all of a sudden becoming a QB factory

Stroud is good enough to overcome the poor incubator in Columbus, although judging by his body language and excuses last couple of years I would never have predicted it.

~

so how about Texans gambling on themselves and doubling down to get Stroud and Anderson? Right now that pick they sent to Phoenix is looking like a mid first. For Anderson.

1 Like

He went to a team who had mostly the same players that went winless the prior year. We brought-in Bryant Johnson from Zona to help the WR corp. Matt might have come into a better situation than Fields but Stroud didnā€™t come into a great situation and heā€™s doing great.

Indeed

True ā€¦. had he landed in a QB friendly offense like SF heā€™d probably have far better results.

But letā€™s be fair too. The kid struggled to read defenses. It was brought up by myself and others pre draft. It was clear he needed time to develop and was more of a project QB. His struggles are why itā€™s hard to develop a QB. Not every staff is capable.

I think he could still develop into a NFL caliber QB but thatā€™s unlikely to happen in CHI.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Yeah, Tom Brady was pretty good. Too bad Michigan wasnā€™t smart enough to play him more.

1 Like

They have Stroud.
And that receiver with the body of a 14 year old.
And that OT that wears the bong gas mask on TV.

1 Like

I dont know Mattā€™s situation was pretty shitty.

CHI didnā€™t do Fields any justice but neither did Detroit. Millen had gutted that team of any talent.

Notice that CHI offense and OL looks better without Fields.

1 Like

Iā€™ll say one thing, having a good LT can help a young QB. Stroud was always a better passer than Fields. My concern with him entering the draft was his processing speed. He was slow at times, but I have seen few QBs more accurate than him with a decent (not great but good) arm.

I picked him up and started him in fantasy this week. 41 pts. Problem is the rest of my guys stink

In a flex league, picked him up when Anthony Richardson got hurt

Hurts and Stroud as my QB ++

1 Like

Young with already two pick six today. Frank Reich will be sick after wanting Stroud.

I have no idea what youā€™re talking about?

1 Like

I grabbed Lawrence thinking he would take a big step, boy I was wrong. I still think heā€™s legit, but his numbers have been rough

Nobody cares about anyone elseā€™s fantasy teamā€¦

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

1 Like

Could you imagine being a Panthers fan?

Guys, there is a middle ground between going into a plug and play situation like the 49ers and going into the opposite end of the spectrumā€¦like what Justin Fields went into.

Who were they going to play him over? Brian Greese in 97? I think they should have played him over Hensen but he was the #1 QB recruit in the nation and they were afraid he was going to the Yankees.

1 Like