+College Football Saturday 10/23+

Watching Carson Strong now. I’d take him over either of those guys. You have to live with the Iffy mobility but he’s got that Brady type of boxer hop while in the pocket so he’s got some deceptive movement skills in tight quarters.

1 Like

He really is something else. Bijan and Devon Achane in '23 aren’t chopped liver either.

1 Like

How many decades has it been since a team had 38 yards passing and still upset at top ten team?

I ask because we’ve seen on a number of occasions where a mid-major team goes on a tear throughout the season and ends up in the conversation at the end of the year. The committee will ultimately get it right, so of course, if this scenario plays out, Michigan State should get the nod.

My problem is teams like this getting inflated rankings. They are not the 2nd best team in the country and the rankings should reflect that.

Hopefully the BCS rankings will put them in their proper place. But if they keep them in the top 5 and they end up going undefeated I guarantee I won’t be the only person on my planet asking if they deserve to be in the playoffs.

Next Saturday is a big one for the Big Ten!

Major shift will happen at the end of it all too!! Looking forward to it!!

UM at MSU and Pen. At OSU!!!

Eh. I could probably get behind an undefeated Cincy over a 1 loss Big 12 champion.

Oh wow, that’s not as easy of a Google search haha, but I’m gonna lean toward that never happening before.

Edit: just looked it up and found this… don’t know if there were rankings in 1944 though, but check out #17 and #15

An undefeated B1G team that won the B1G Championship that would have the resume MSU would have if they ran the table…is never in the conversation for being replaced in the playoffs. The conversation starts with 1 loss teams or teams that somehow managed to run thru a weak schedule for the year. Not one that’s undefeated and had to get thru what MSU would have to get thru to be undefeated.

1 Like

If MSU was to win out not only would they be in the playoff they might just be the one seed. They won’t win out of course but if they did the playoffs are a total no brainer.

I think TreVeyon Henderson could be the best runner in the NFL the day he is drafted.

The winner of the UofM/MSU game could jump to #2.

UofM/MSU/OSU all play each other. Whoever wins both games will likely be representing the east.

Penn State needs to win out and hope for some other crazy stuff. They play all 3 teams ahead of them but they already have 2 losses.

What happens if MSU beats Michigan, Ohio State beats MSU, and Michigan beats OSU? I feel like something like that could happen. Obviously, that would be the end for OSU’s national title hopes, but it’d make MSU and Michigan’s season quite interesting assuming each ran the table otherwise.

I would rather have MSU take a quality loss to OSU and be out of the conversation for the playoffs. We aren’t ready for that big of a stage and will just get embarassed on national TV like the Irish do.

1 Like

Yeah, that is what happened last time. Alabama makes everybody look bad though.

It is going to be nice to see new faces in the playoffs, instead of the usual five teams.

Agreed. Dominated Clemson. He is going to be shooting up draft boards if he keeps this up. 23 TD’s 1 Int

Nobody in the B1G can even come close to scoring with us. We’re not losing another game in the conference with this offense.

I also don’t see another team in the country that can score with us either right now. Georgia’s defense is good enough to stop us enough to give their offense opportunities. They’d just have to convert on them, which they’ve been inconsistent at doing.

Not necessarily. Excluding Clemson, it’ll likely be the same teams that are up there every year. Georgia, Alabama (if/when they beat Georgia in the SEC championship), Oklahoma and Ohio State who is clearly the most talented team in the Big 10. Cincy will likely be left out.

The interesting scenario to me is Ohio State and Oregon winning out. Classic case of better resume which would be Ohio State if they win out vs. head to head with Oregon beating Ohio State.

I think the same thing about Bijan. For sure the 23 and 24 RB classes will be the best in awhile.

What is the word on where Pickett goes in the draft? He’s the best I saw of this bunch, albeit not saying much.