College Kid's Networking Attempt

Dear Den,

So as most of you know by now (I think), I’m currently a college freshman, which means I’m in the stage of networking and gaining experience related to the career path(s) I’m interested in pursuing one day. This board is obviously a large network and I’ve made a lot of connections here over the years. My hope in posting this is that some of you might be able to help me out with a couple of things.

Firstly, I’m on the Pre-Med track, which comes with all of it’s own challenges and requirements. It’s a requirement to have an excellent resume to even get into med school these days. One thing that can be very helpful is to speak with people in the profession and learn from them. If you are in the medical field and are willing, I’d love the opportunity to talk to you about what it is that you do and why you chose that particular specialty. I’m mostly undecided on what type of medicine I’d be most interested in practicing, so I’m trying to learn as much as I can to help me make that decision in the future.

Secondly, I just started training to become a digital marketing consultant, and now I’m trying to get some internship experience and build up a resume. If anyone reading this knows someone who runs a business and would like someone to come in online for a few months for free and intern to help grow their social media accounts or do something else marketing related, I’d love the opportunity to gain some experience.

My goal one day is to run a private practice, but I worry that I’m not going to get enough training on the business side to be as successful as I can. My hope is to gain some valuable marketing experience that will help me down the road with a private practice or whatever I end up pursuing.

If you would be willing to help with either of those things, please send me a PM.

Thanks,

HSV

4 Likes

You want control of The Den’s Twitter account?

Wait, The Den has a Twitter account?!?!

How did I not know about this??

1 Like

Because I created it a week or two ago.

3 Likes

HSV’s inner monologue when asked to control the Den X account

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

2 Likes

@Weaselpuppy has a window into my soul… :rofl:

There’s like a 15% chance that the first post would be me congratulating myself on winning the March Madness pool back in 2021. :rofl:

1 Like

Im kinda like if Magnum PI and Miss Cleo had a child.

1 Like

I have a lot of experience in dealing with health insurance companies. We don’t expect the doctors to figure that out on their own in our hospital, but if you want to run a private practice you would definitely benefit from understanding how all of that works. I can also tell you it’s pretty common for physicians to also get an MBA along with their medical degree so that they can manage the business side.

2 Likes

That was my original plan, and I know some people who’ve done that recently. I’ve since moved away from that, but I might end up getting a minor through the business college. I think it makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

This is all the Lions’ fault! :crazy_face::sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::pray::crazy_face:

I work in food manufacturing so I can’t help with you anything pre med. I have a few buddies in the field that may be open to conversation to help you with that specifically.

I work for a pretty big food manufacturer that frequently does internships. If you are interested, I can reach out about a social media opportunity. We may have something for safety as well if that is of interest.

No promises but happy to help anyway I can.

1 Like

I could use your assistance… Yesterday!

Let’s get on the phone, bro.
I feel like I have a ton to offer you as well, To make it well worth your while.

Check your inbox/private messages

I had no clue either

If Magnum were much more handsome… I agree

1 Like

How does one find the Den on X?

1 Like

Just search for “Bald toad licker”

Natty’s account pops right up.

2 Likes

I’m an engineer, so no bueno on the medical field. Sometime I wish I had…

But I know a little about networking.
Join LinkedIn, ask anyone you know to connect with you. Join fraternities, could be regular frats or honor frats, doesn’t matter, just as long as its people in your field you’re hanging with. Hell, I met a lot of people playing intramural hockey when I was in college. Plus, championship. I still got the t-shirt to prove it!

3 Likes

@HSVLion

2 Likes

HSV I’m going to send you a message.

1 Like