Colt brennen dead

@DeadDog and @Sofatso Fist Bump :facepunch:
3.5 years myself!

So sad to hear this about Colt. I had many close friends pass away too young from addiction. I know it all too well myself. There definitely needs to be a better system then what exists.

This hits really close to home for me… It’s so wrong and sad he was turned away because there was not a bed for him. I’ve been in this situation. How ya gonna tell someone who is asking for help they can’t have it. If you’ve never been an addict to get to the point that you are asking for help in that brief moment of clarity you’re as ready as you’re ever gonna be to save your life and there may not be another chance. It takes ALOT to get to that point and once you’re there you might only have that 1 chance.

Addiction is terrible and sometimes all you want is a way out. To think you might finally have a chance to live is really emotionally overwhelming and then to be told you have to wait is devastating.

RIP Colt

1 Like

Not just told you have to wait… it makes that addict in that moment of clarity lose hope… as Colt did… I am sure part of him thought “they don’t think I’m worth it so why should I”!

Agree 100%

Its like telling the bartender you are too drunk to drive home so you are going to leave your car there and take a cab, and he tells you no.

2 Likes

Not to suggest that other mind altering subjects don’t have serious risks, but from the sound of it Fentanyl is next level deadly.

RIP Colt and thoughts and prayers to his loved ones

It’s because the dope man doesn’t have a set standard in the cut… if could be 5 or 75% in strength and of course they don’t give a shit about the buyer so they lace it was anything… like anything…

The system failed him in a sense no doubt by being understaffed with beds. They are also under equipped to deal with TBI’s to begin with at no one’s fault. Brain is so complex, people are trying but haven’t put all the pieces together yet. We’re getting closer as time goes on. I have a TBI and feel effects everyday, changed my life on a dime. The best guidance for recovery has come from support groups, not doctors at Mayo Clinic one of the best hospitals in the country. Technology simply doesn’t exist right now to properly distinguish exactly what is going on in the brain after such an injury or how to best heal it. The best we have for this is fMRI which is pretty much delegated to research right now. HBOT is gaining traction and credibility for treatment but not covered by insurance and it usually takes a lot of trial and error before people end up discovering this therapy and committing to it. Joe Namath spoke about his improvement with HBOT on a Howard Stern interview I think. It took ~80 sessions to get his simplistic imaging back to a normal appearance.