Colts prepared to cut bait on Wentz after giving up 1st & 3rd Rd picks

Kind of like Goff in reverse for us.

That’s crazy if it happens. Wentz didn’t even play that bad, which makes me think that the stories of him being a douche must be true.

1 Like

Then Brady comes back and plays for the colts. Brady isn’t retired. Just looking for right team, knowing tbay is losing some key pieces

1 Like

Quick fall for that guy …
Phew …

maybe posturing to get him to take a pay cut?

He certainly is not gonna get paid elsewhere… so would be a smart move.

Boy is that trade ever a black eye on Ballard’s career?

It shows you can stack a team with talent, but finding a QB isn’t nearly as easy as some people make it out to be. You can’t just pick the year you get your franchise QB. Some teams spend decades searching and failing to secure one.

6 Likes

True enough

First interview question:

What was your boss thinking?

Eh, he trusted his coach based on his prior relationship with Wentz. I don’t mind a GM trusting his coach, especially one who’s been as successful as Reich. It turns out we were all right and Reich was wrong about what kind of player Wentz is, but I didn’t think the process was all that flawed. It looks terrible now for sure but that’s life as an NFL GM. Even the best make mistakes (Ozzie Newsome and his WR drafting, Roseman trading a ton of picks to move up for Wentz, Snead signing Gurley to that contract, Schneider trading two firsts for Jamal Adams then paying him too, etc…)

How about Goff for Wentz, two 1sts and a 3rd!

Based on the comments Jim Irsay made following the season I got the impression he wasn’t happy with Wentz or the team in general.

However they need a LT and a WR1. It’s kinda hard to judge a QB with those two pieces missing.

I think Indy is a team who could be willing to trade up to get a QB who is capable of pushing Wentz.

Their first pick is at 47 and they would likely need to move up from there. Maybe to 32?

Could the Lions get 47 and next years 1st for pick 32 if the right QB, OT or WR was there?

1 Like