Colts to interview Johnson and AG

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1612600887628779523

2 Likes

AG as a Rooney rule interview candidate it seems, does this rule actually work or no

3 Likes

Figured that was coming.
The one that really scares me? The Rams!
If McVay quits, that’s the team we will probably lose Johnson to.:angry::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::confounded:

1 Like

Why? He has special relationship to them.

They wanna be us so bad :roll_eyes:

I thought I read that he’s from that area.

You don’t think they’d be interested in a dude that lead the 32nd ranked defense in the nfl!? ha ha and they did hire Saturday… so anything is possible.

2 Likes

I didn’t see - is Saturday gone?

1 Like

Saturday was over when they lost to the Vikings.

“Those four requests include Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Shane Steichen, Los Angeles Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris and Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson and defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn.”

Just saying, that excuse is tired and lame when it comes to Glenn. I know he gets killed here regularly, but it’s clear there is respect in league circles for Glenn.

The Saints and Broncos last year, as well as the Colts this year interviewed/are interviewing multiple black candidates. They don’t need to interview Glenn to satisfy the Rooney rule. Raheem Morris is interviewing for the Colts gig as well.

4 Likes

Raheem Morris makes sense, he’s a quality candidate. I’d like to know if the Glenn interview was all set before the Morris one. If so my theory still holds. If not & they already had Morris agreed to for an interview than I’m wrong

He might be a better head coach than coordinator, that happens sometimes. I think McDermott is far better as a head coach than he was coaching Carolina’s D. They had some good years but some bad ones too. LaFleur as well, his offense was trash in Tennessee the one year he was in charge of it.

2 Likes

Not targeting you specifically but this was the same thing said last year when he got interviews. Glenn is well regarded by throughout the league. I personally think he is a very good leader of men and teacher. Needs to work on his scheme/play calling.

3 Likes

I think you may be right about Aaron Glenn in that he would make a better head coach than a defensive coordinator.

3 Likes

You could be right, and then the Lions could hire say Vic Fangio to be DC! Go Glenn go, and we get 2 magic 3rd round beans for Glenn getting a HC job… Now I’m really rooting for him.

2 Likes

Colts opening worries me with losing ben. The colts need to hire an offense minded head coach to pair with a rookie qb. I do think that is where jim harbaugh ends up. He has history in indy. But i could see ben getting the job.

The Colts should stick with Saturday, outstanding football mind, the way he would break down plays on ESPN reminded me of Matt Millen in his prime. They would be foolish to let that guy out of the building. The way he motivated his team to tank last Sunday, was like watching a hollywood classic.

4 Likes

No, it will ONLY work, if the owners get serious about hiring minority coaches. So far, the numbers do it show that they are serious.

1 Like

Has Duce Staley ever been mentioned as an interview candidate?
I’d rather see him get a chance but I’m not aware of any nibbles

2 Likes