Comedy Thread

Did someone say Gilbert Gottfried?

He was an absolute legend of comedy roasts. Edit- Be aware of your surroundings before playing this. Gilbert never met an obscenity he didn’t love.

3 Likes

Hahaha heck yeah he was!

1 Like

That was awesome man, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

The subtle best part was when he said Trump did so much damage to the New York skyline that he should be called the 20th hijacker, and someone yelled that it was too soon. Gottfried did a roast in NYC maybe a month after 9/11 and complained that his flight home had a scheduled stop at the Empire State Building. Effing legend.

1 Like

Oh man, I know it was so awesome. And sadly, he hit on more than he intended I think… and in retrospect it’s even more poignant. And unfortunately, and/or truly, spot on.

From 2017-18… the whole episode is awesome and provides some context for the song. But it’s still a great song on its own

It’s winter

I very much recommend watching Cannibal the Musical. South Park before South Park, and before Baseketball.

I want to laugh, but it’s just too true. South Park is basically real life 5-10 years before.

1 Like

They are really spot on… the way they make the show, they turn in the episode the morning of its premiere, so it’s always as current as it can be. The whole episode is awesome, and like I said adds some context to the song. Unfortunately I can’t link it, but the episode is called Put It Down.

Trey Parker and Matt stone are awesome.

Also that wasn’t 5-10 years before, that was right at the time. They used to be ahead of the time now they are just on top of stuff.

1 Like

I’m not going to say “he’s the greatest” but I’d argue that Andy was the most fearless comic ever IMO. The irony is that from all accounts it was a reaction to being absolutely petrified. The human mind is funny like that.

1 Like

For sure bud… are we now living Idiocracy!?

Brawndo GIF by Idiocracy

Oh, absolutely we are!

1 Like

100% the best out there…just giving you more in right field.

1 Like

I just went to see The Book of Mormon, freaking hilarious! If you ever get a chance, you need to check it out!

3 Likes

A wife is a woman who would prefer to make one man miserable the rest of her life compared to many men happy.

1 Like

Hahaha I have never seen that but will check it out!

1 Like

Actually going to see it at the Fischer with a couple friends in March! Very excited I’ve heard it’s awesome.

Funniest musical ever.

Ive seen and been in a lot of them…

My buddy was head carpenter on the BoM tour, so I have a picture I cant share of me wearing Lucifer’s wings. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Hahahaha… man you can’t drop that and then say you can’t share it! Although after I see the show I might understand better!

1 Like