Cominsky restructured?

https://x.com/justin_rogers/status/1767566259036487899?s=61

7 Likes

Good to hear. Hopefully the new dline coach can get that 2022 Cominsky juice back.

He’s probably not meant to start. But Cominsky is a good depth rotational player. Can play end and DT. Good for 20 snaps a game

5 Likes

Nice, and not a big surprise.
I assume he wants to be here where I think he had his best season as a pro.

6 Likes

Freeing up just enough money to resign Will Harris.

2 Likes

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

1 Like

Any injured players out there still?

No, just a bunch of injured fans.

10 Likes

Haha oddly enough Cominsky was far better when his hand was broken… Marty you know what to do.

nancy kerrigan GIF

3 Likes

Sound butthurt. I guess people cant take jokes any more.

Great. Another yr of having two reduntant mediocre backup strong side ends who cant play DT or pressure the QB. Cominsky and Paschal.

OH, that post was the joke. Sorry, I couldn’t tell because I could barely see through all the tears falling by posters because Brad didn’t sign their guy. It’s like a hurricane here.

8 Likes

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

2 Likes

That’s only for a year. We’re stuck with you for life.

The Lions have apparently placed one of their “Betts” on the Canadian MVP.

1 Like

The fact that Holmes can go to guys and get them to take pay cuts shows how strong the culture is with the Lions.
As a manager and coach I’ve always believed in communicating expectations and consequences clearly. Both sides are on the same page and there are no surprises.
Harris, Okwara, and Big V. took pay cuts last year to stay here and understood the expectation. None improved play or availabilty and are gone without a surprise.
Commish was rewarded for good play in 2022 and now is taking a cut for poor 2023.
Expectation is set for 2024…

5 Likes

Well people can be mad, happy, sad, surprised. Its a message board if well all agreed it wouldn’t be fun. Didnt you want the lions to make moves last year?

Yep, sure did. I’d also be okay if they made some big ones this year. That’s a lot of the fun about the offseason. But I’m reformed and trusting in Brad, the GM who got us 1 game away from the Superbowl, that he knows what he’s doing. Plus, he kinda told us multiple times that this was probably how he was going to approach the offseason. So I’m not going to get my panties in a bunch because Brad told me that every player they bring in and every player they don’t is for a reason. With intent.

I’d love to see Hunter in a Lions uniform, but we’ll never know if it was discussed or if it was, why it didn’t happen, etc. There’s just too much we don’t know for me to have any strong feelings about player movement, imo.

10 Likes

Come off the ledge man. We are losing/lost Romeo, Julian and Charles Harris. I agree no huge losses there, but we do need to replace those bodies. We aren’t paying the big money we were going to give to Cominsky so it’s a good thing. He’s a good run stopping SSDE. They brought in Davenport to upgrade our rush department from Harris / JOK. If and I know big if, he can stay healthy. So technically we are going from Cominsky to Davenport in the EDGE dept. opposite Hutch and that is an upgrade. I also expect another swing at a guy to either take that spot outright or at least compete if a draft pick. Would I like Hunter still? Of course - but this move was about rearranging our depth pieces, not bringing back Cominsky as a starter. When we have to stop a 3rd and short, do I want Cominsky on the field? Yes I do.

2 Likes

Hold on!? You wear panties? :joy: I kid I kid

3 Likes

Only on days that end with y!

bikini dancing GIF

1 Like