Commanders still set for second interview with Aaron Glenn Tuesday

Personally speaking, I’d be happy to give Washington a draft pick

1 Like

I’m going to guess the Lions pushed hard to keep Ben. During Dan’s presser yesterday, he called Ben ‘critical’ to the team multiple times. Hearing it, I thought…“Damn, they’re gonna convince/pay him to stay.”

I have no doubts that Dan, Brad, Mike, Rod, and Shiela pulled out all the stops to get him to return. Once they sealed the deal, what reason does Ben have to interview? “Thanks, but no thanks, Washington!”

I don’t care about how Washington feels. It’s a business. I don’t feel bad for coaches when they don’t perform and their contracts are cut, same with players, etc. If Ben decided to stay and was given a raise, it’s also unprofessional to interview with the Commanders. I’m sure the Lions wanted this done before he even had a chance to meet them in person.

3 Likes

This reporting on Ben and Washington is hilarious.

So, to recap, they’re upset that he canceled while they were in the air to interview him …
AND yet … weren’t really sold on him anyway
AND yet … thought his asking price was too high
AND yet … still planned to fly to Detroit to interview him.

The mental gymnastics to believe any of that is really something.

8 Likes

Real, “Yeah, well I never loved you anyway!” breakup energy.

3 Likes

Vrabel is still without a job which is crazy to me.

Send AG to WASH and hire Vrabel to coach the defense. Win a couple Superbowls, Vrabel can go coach in the AFC somewhere again.

3 Likes

Agree. I love the guy!

Yup!

Yeah, just a few inconsistencies there.

1 Like

Any late updates on our 3rd round picks?

There isn’t really any legitimate chance someone is going to hire Glenn, is there?

Was wondering the same.

I imagined something would be known tonight, but it really does appear they only came to Detroit for Ben.

My guess is Glenn remains in Detroit. I can be talked into the possibility another year with him is a good thing, but I’m far from convinced.

1 Like

We don’t need to be talked into anything. AG needs to show us. We’ll have our answer one year from now.

So it’s

Bienamy
Quinn/Macdonald - whoever Seattle don’t hire
Aaron Glenn
Mike Vrabel

I mean…AG has a real shot here.

AG and keep Bienamy is probably their best move

Since I don’t think Quinn will go and I think Seattle hire’s Macdonald

They should hire Vrabel but many have speculated that with how close Carthon and Peters likely are that won’t happen.

3 black head coaches this hiring cycle - Pierce, Mayo, Raheem Morris
AG would make 4

There were only 3 total last year
Bowles, Tomlin, and Dameco right ?

With the success of Dameco and Pierce had last year ….AG seems like he should
Be the favorite for this job.

Especially coming from MCDC coaching tree of how to lead men and turn around program

2 Likes

Damn what if we hire Vrabel

AG for Vrabel and 2 3rds

3 Likes

Vrabel would sit out a year before becoming a DC

Probably. But still sweet to think about

Who would be our DCoordinator if AG does get hired

Riverboat Ron and Dan Gamble ???

Shep would be our DC IMO. People have theorized about Fox but he’ll be turning 69 next week. Kind of doubt he wants that big of a grind.

1 Like

Belicheck , Wink, Carroll, Rivers, Del Rio…

Seems like the old heads at DCoordinator on on the way out.

You don’t think 14 wins plus a official steal that would make it 15 wins is not good enough?

1 Like