Common sense…

Agreed. I would love Aiden but really there are like 4-5 quality players that fit needs that will be there at 2-3-4-5-6.

1 Like

So does anyone expect Thibodough to be there when we pick? Honestly, he reminds me a lot of Cliff Avril. Not a bad thing but I’m not sure if he’s a 3 down player in the NFL. I think you can get some really good value by waiting. Ojabo, Jermaine Johnson, Sam Williams late 2nd, etc. Although the QB class rates fairly poor overall, there’s a lot of teams that are going to be looking. TB is imploding, if it’s not fun for Brady, well. I start running out of fingers when I look at the teams who might be willing to jump up and grab a QB. D Watson, is he even going to be available? Hell, the Jet’s might even be ready to move on. No matter what we do we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, if they choose wisely moving or staying put is moot.

1 Like

Put the kool-aid down…

My issue with this draft is that the top ten’s ceiling is not as high as year’s past. I think you might see 2-3 elite players, then a bunch of really good players in the rest of round 1 and into rounds 2-3.

It really wouldn’t shock me if we traded down, pissed a bunch of people off by not getting more, but then got a bunch of really good players with the extra picks.

1 Like

I’m with you on this one. I’ll give him props on passing downs, but I don’t see him as a rock in the run game, especially in comparison to Aiden. And his passion and commitment to the game pales in comparison too, though, you know, I never met the man…

2 Likes

On trading down. It’s all about the return. If giving up on an elite player, say dropping from 3 to 10, I’m not doing it for a late/comp 3rd and a 6th next year. To me, it’s stupid. Fair to above value, I guess. Below value just because you want more picks… nope, I can’t get there.

This isn’t like when the we were all hoping for a trade down with the Dolphins a couple years ago. When the guys you’d think about taking are all going to be there because you knew the Phins were taking a qb. Taking less, even a decent haircut to drop one spot and still we’ve all of your options there, yeah, I can take less than I’m supposed to.

Couple players to watch they have size do they have the quicks at LB Damone Clark… Chad Muma…Mike Rose all big now can they move an cover.
Watch for this DE move up draft boards…Jermaine Johnson * He has ideal size for an edge rusher at 6’5" and 262 lbs is tall and lean

If Rose would have entered the draft last year, he would have gone before the 3rd round. Big 12 D player of the year, 6 int’s I believe. This year, like the entire Iowa State team a down year, I think he’s still there in the 6th. I would go DE, WR and safety with the first 3 picks, then LB in the 3rd, adding a guy like Rose late or Ventrell Miller.

Could be true for sure. I’d be bummed as I see us trying to exist in the mold of the Ray Lewis and J Lewis Ravens, Marshawn lynch and B Wagner Seahawks, and the current 49ers with whoever at RB and F Warner.

I think Lloyd, Burks, Edge, K Walker/B Hall immediately put us in contention.

I like Walker similar to J Taylor if he runs sub 4.49…
I like Burks more than AJ Brown
I like Lloyd to be similar to Demorrio Davis
Pick an edge in 2….

The Niners are an example of why teams wait. Elijah Mitchell is a 6th rounder, Warner was a 3rd. The SF plug and play success at RB is what all teams should be striving for.

1 Like

Fair point

Would you be happy to get B Smith, D Clark, and Haskins in mid to lates

Yeah I really like the LB depth this year. They’ll start to separate themselves a little at the Senior Bowl.

I am much higher on burks and Dotson than you.

When Dotson runs a 4.37 and excels in route drills he will climb. He’s never had an elite QB

Burks did all that with Reggie Ball 2.0 at QB

Oh I like Burks plenty, I just recognize that he’s got a long way to go. He’s got a lower floor than some of the other guys. Higher ceiling too so it’s risk-reward assessment.

I don’t dislike Dotson I think he’s fine it’s just I was sky high on Waddle last year and he went out and set the rookie record for receptions. And if he could have run a 40 he would have been at risk of breaking the record. There’s fast then there’s Waddle and Tyreek fast.

1 Like

Good points.

I just love the way Dotson plays and he reportedly ran a 4.33 forty this past offseason.

I don’t dislike him for sure, it’s just I’ve got him a tier below some of the top guys. I think he’s a bit of a straight-line athlete, really fast but not terribly explosive. A long strider even as a smaller guy who doesn’t offer much YAC without the scheme/blocking providing him the necessary space. Goes down on first contact, doesn’t really block at all.

He understands space though and to me that’s a highly underrated aspect of a receiver’s skill set. Good route-runner, and very fast once he’s moving. If I had to guess I’d say he tests well in the speed drills but not as well in the jumps. And that’s fine, Calvin Ridley was the same way. In fact that’s kinda who he reminds me of, and Calvin Ridley’s a good player.

talking fish???

2000s GIF

jam that dude at the LOS…dont let him get out, if he has poor acceleration.