Conversations Holmes haters aren't ready to have

UDFA, let me see. 31 teams hit on 1 maybe 2 per year, our UFDA players would be lucky to make any other roster as 2nd or 3rd string players. We have a low bar to qualify playing for our team. Seeing how bad we are,is believing that we are.

1 Like

False. Jacobs is balling. Bro, c’mon, Jacobs is such a cool dude.

I see where what you’re saying here…but Holmes had no ties to Collins…he actually traded for Brockers. There is certainly some bias going on here…because Brockers has been among the league’s worst DTS.

And the thing is…we arent even seeing pressure from McNiel or Levi…we are seeing very little from them on pass downs. I also dont see them exploding up field, which is why I asked “why does it look like we are running the Matt Patricia stand around 2-gap defense??”

1 Like

That’s fine. But he is a good pro. Good leader. And he won’t be here long term. Who we getting to replace brockers? Right now perhaps his presence is better then his play. We all have some biases. There haven’t been effort issues with brockers. Collins was jogging on MNF…….let’s just see what happens next year with the addition of Tibs or Hutch and these two young guys….that’s all I’m saying. Everyone has valid concerns but everything im hearing there is stuff going on behind the scenes and just sit back and be patient year one of a complete rebuild.

All I’m asking is to see some flashes from Levi and McNiel before the season ends. If we have to sit them for a couple games…take it easy on them in practices so they can get refreshed…I’d be fine with that. What is important is to see what they could offer going forward, because right now they’re trending toward the JAG (just another guy) status.

3 Likes

Agreed. 200%.

What makes it false? He wasn’t chased by any other team,he runs a 4.55. Do you think there is a reason he signed with Lions, with all the other offers, what could you find to think he would start on any other team?

His play on the ACTUAL FIELD. Who cares if no one else chased him. The entire point of all of this is Holmes found him, gave him a chance and he has been balling. 100% Jacobs has a chance to be special. You can’t blast a Dude for not bringing in players and then when he brings in players try and critique it saying the only reason said under-hyped player has even gotten a chance is bc the lions suck. It’s not logical at all.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of double standards flying around right now

2 Likes

You apparently don’t have to do very much to “ball out” on the Detroit Lions.

Not you too bro. Ya’ll are killing me tonight. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I’m happy he’s playing average as an UDFA. That is impressive. I just don’t know I call that balling. :sunglasses:

Too early to call the UDFA’s a success (let’s see them maintain this play for a year or two) and too early to call the draft a bust.

2 Likes

I may have been the first on the board to give Holmes the props for both Jacobs and Parker. Mentioned it in game threads for weeks.

Still doesn’t mean he didn’t completely botch the WR position, but the guy knows how to evaluate CBs.

1 Like

I think I’m still pissed at him for the MN game. Stat line was great, but the two catches he gave up lost the game.

I know I should cut him some slack being an udfa rookie. Haha.

1 Like

I didn’t blast anyone for not bringing in player’s, I just said the player’s that are on the Lions,they got to play for the worst team in NFL because the better teams didn’t want them. That is exactly why it does matter if someone else chased them. Good player’s want to play for winners, when you sign with the worst team in NFL it’s because all other options have run out, not because they love being on worst team, they are lowest end of talent. Doesn’t mean some won’t get better but it’s player’s that have been wringed out, you like that player I get it but doesn’t mean he is a starter in the NFL when he looks good on the Lions. 55 yrs I’ve loved Lions, it sucks to see how it really is.

I don’t think AJ is even our best rookie free agent CB.

1 Like

Levi played well in Cleveland.

2 Likes

One game…but

I spotted Levi the other day in public…

One thing…Levi was my draft dude…same with Holmes…

I dont like someone squatting on my face and taking a dump…

I value loyalty

t’s time for tough love, bro.

Meanwhile…we know what Levi has been doing…

Playing video games and eating donuts.

Look at that spare tire, son!

Last One Donuts GIF

Yeah when they get paid they can buy alot of donuts .