Cooper Kupp having ankle surgery--Put on IR

Just hitting the wire.

Feel bad for the guy. Hope he heals up and makes a full return.

If I were them, I’d shut him down for the year. Stafford, too.

4 Likes

I’d certainly be behind that. Rams got their SB, now they need to help us draft Anderson

7 Likes

I wouldn’t put Stafford back out there behind that offensive line. If he needs any kind of off season surgery I’d have him do it now and be at or close to 100% for next season.

6 Likes

Stafford without his favorite target? Enhanced bean potential?

5 Likes

100% yes. Even though they don’t have a first rounder this year, a super-high 2nd would still serve them well. Get the egos out of the way and rest Matt and Kupp, IF he’s hurt, and especially if he needs an operation…IF that’s the case.

2 Likes

Oh man. Hate seeing kupp hurt, but love those beans as well. Any word if Stafford plays next week?

That line is so bad. He’s going to get seriously injured. It’s only a matter of time. Especially now with kupp out and nobody he trusts to throw to. Or who can get open.

2 Likes

As far as I know he’s still in concussion protocol.

2 Likes

If I’m Kelly, I’m telling Matt to sit this one out! You can’t run the ball, you can’t protect the QB, the O-line is garbage, You got no WR’s, barely any pretzels left in the cupboard…

government americans GIF

10 Likes

Mmm, those are some good beans cooking on the stove.

3 Likes

Well this is a positive development. Hate to get fortune from others misery, but they got their SB.

5 Likes

Poor Matt. Well, at least he got a ring.
My guess is he’s going to retire. He was sick of getting the shit kicked out of him two years ago. I doubt that changed because he moved to a different city.
He’s going to be a cripple in a few years.

1 Like

So basically it’s like when he was a Lion.

7 Likes

Matt got his ring the moment he left Detroit. Hang 'em up, Matt. You have girls to think of, and you’d be doing this organization a solid by retiring now.

As for the Rams: I don’t know many teams, other than Tampa Bay, that win a Super Bowl one year after going all out. Ends in tears for most. They got done exactly what they set out to do. So many times we evaluate the Lions-Rams trade as “Who won?” Well, the answer can be both. The Rams already won it. Detroit? We’ll see.

10 Likes

Without the WR’s! Might be even worse.

3 Likes

I would just add: don’t feel bad for Rams fans. Know what they get to do this season? They get to watch NFL Films highlights of 2021 and winning a Super Bowl.

We’ve never had that opportunity. I can only imagine. Closest we have is Barry highlights. And no, it’s not the same as winning a Super Bowl.

6 Likes

Dont be a Brady hang up Matt.

3 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

Exactly! If the Lions ever won a super bowl, I don’t think I’d care if we ever won another game after that!! Just watch the replay of the super bowl victory every Sunday!

6 Likes

Can you imagine what ticket prices would be like on the black market for Lions Super Bowl tickets?

People would be taking out a second mortgage. lol

1 Like