Could Stafford go to San Francisco/Sam Darnold to Detroit?

You wanna put Stafford number 2? Fine, but you can’t expect anyone else to agree with you. Especially when Mahomes is lower on the list.

If more than 1 or 2 agreed with me on this site I would assume I was wrong. Lions Fans are like a cult of ignorance praying to the god of whining and pity. Cowards look for acceptance. People with knowledge just put it out there. If any of the cowards is willing be accountable in draft projections, let’s see it.

Exhibit A on how NOT to make friends.

Vine Ok GIF

I have people on ignore that I hold in higher regard than you. Seriously, each time you type, in the words of Jim Rome, it’s the most uninspired, unreadable, unfunny text of the day.

2 Likes

That is your first mistake. Invisible friends on the internet are not friends. Being honest is too difficult for weak minded people, who just want to be accepted. They regurgitate nonsense they hear from talking bobbleheads on TV or from others without a real thought of their own. I respect people who can actually think for themselves, which is rare. Few people can put their ideas out there without looking for approval, which is the only idea worth listening to.

1 Like

Wow, you are a bigger piece of work then I realized. As for you superiority complex bullshit: you literally have no idea what you are talking about. Hey @BigNatty you are invisible apparently. :thinking::roll_eyes:

Fixing my hair. :wink:
Remember, you can’t help people who don’t want it, brother. Only those who need it. I usually ignore stuff like this. Don’t let people suck you into their drama story, especially if it’s on the internet.

On the greatest controversy of our time, “is Stafford HOFer?” I my opinion tends to be closer to JRs than the other side of the coin, but I see the truth as in the middle. Love me some Stafford.

As for treatment of humans, eeeeshhh.
Just because people don’t agree with us, it doesn’t mean it has to be conflict. Our society has taught us to be so sensitive, when someone is just telling us their truth. We don’t need to be offended by it.

Truly ironic how sensitive some of us are (not mentioning any names), in his accusation of others being overly sensitive, though. It’s the equivalent of the Goth kids in middle school that thinks they are the ultimate non-conformist, while they have the most strict adherence to dress code and unwritten rules than anyone else in the 8th grade.

Same holds true with our attitudes. Wearing your spiked dog collar (calling other people weak on the internet) doesn’t make you incredibly different with other people. It just means you feel insecure and want to protect yourself. Think of a kid in a pouty voice saying “I don’t care what you guys think anyway, ya dummies.” This is the adult version of that. People that tell themselves the story that they don’t want/need human connection in their lives is just a trauma response to being hurt in the past. The bully is the least secure person in the room every single time. Some people wall off their heart, in order to feel safe. It’s subconscious/rarely intentional. We could get into the layers of it, but I don’t have time/energy for it, today.

You can only count on other people as much as you can count on yourself. While some people can count on themselves to pay bills, to stay fit, to drive to work safely, to keep their kids alive, to shop for food, etc…the hardest thing to trust ourselves with is emotions. We ALL have areas where we can get more emotionally healthy.

I got drawn into an argument YESTERDAY. I was talking to someone who was yelling, yelling, yelling…after enough provocation, I started saying cutting things back. I have ZERO regrets. He laid out the bait pile, and I walked right into his crosshairs. I will do better next time, and my brother revealed to me where I still have insecurities, because that is literally all that means. Every single word I delivered to him was truth, and I did injure him with what I said. He was totally walling off from it. The only reason it injured him is because it is a truth that he has been walling off from for his entire life. He communicates exactly like the person you are referencing. He was not in a space to hear the things I was talking about, and I knew it…and I said it anyway. I was in “try to teach a bully a lesson” mode. It got me nowhere. It didn’t help him.

We are energetically sovereign beings, and when we let other people drag us into their drama triangle, it is giving up all of our power. It is making our happiness co-dependent on others. If someone else is having a bad day, it is not going to impact my mood at all. Yesterday was the first time I have been in an argument in years and years. I was being a complete and utter bitch to circumstance, and my feeling of happiness and fulfillment, in that moment were dictated by m brother’s actions. I am much tougher now, after walking through my childhood wounds and seeing where it comes from. We all heal in layers and levels. As soon as I caught myself buying into my brother’s way of being, I told him, “I’d love to discuss all of this stuff with you like healthy adults, but I’m not available for this.” He started texting me about how I wanted a tickle fight, and how we had to talk on my terms.

While I literally laughed out loud at the tickle fight comment (yes, I get over shit that quickly). he said, “you want communication, but communication you want to hear…the rest, you walk away from.”
I siad, “NOT walking away from communication, only dramatic misrepresentation of what is going on. Your words were on point, and not a single thing you said was wrong. You have a right to feel how you feel. Your ENERGY was irresponsible.”
He replied, “In other words, your talking terms.”
I siad, “Yes, exactly. My standard for what love/relationships look like. The term tough love is bullshit. Honest love isn’t being tough and trying to be right, when you can just say how you feel without the drama. Honest Love > Tough Love. Think of tough love as insecure love that doesn’t trust and has no faith in the relationship, hence the need to defend.”

Most of us are just fringe acquaintances on a message board. There are layers and levels to everything. Anger is almost never real, and is almost always projection.

If you are projecting on a message board, you are doing it elsewhere. Being in charge of your emotions will change your life. Experience your emotions, and honor them! Anything else is bypassing.

I love this shit, and want to contribute more, but I have na 11:30 to prep for and need to get my energy right for my next call. Love you, men. Hope this helps someone.

1 Like

Given Holmes got a 5 year deal, he has to find a qb quickly and the new staff needs to be able to develop him quickly.

Holmes and Lewis leading Detroit into the future.

Sounds like 2 boxers. I’m excited though

1 Like

Do you even read and comprehend? Putting out ideas and opinions shouldn’t be dependent on whether it makes you feel good or that your ideas are acceptable. There are people on this site who have shown the ability to think and reason. Those are opinions I find valuable whether I agree with them or not. Where is this “superiority complex bullshit”? I simply do not see a value in any opinion that isn’t a real opinion based on a real read of the issue. BigNatty is one of those who has been willing to offer his opinion and I respect that.

Is this speaking yourself? Is this you not looking for approval? Well since I responded to you, I can clearly read. Perhaps you are the one struggling with comprehension, @BigNatty is actually a friend of mine and not some invisible friend.

You just sound like an angry out of touch arrogant dude. I used to feel bad for ya and how guys gang up on you…now I see why…you do it to yourself.

You are projecting, nothing more. I said absolutely nothing that should offend you or anyone else. Why is it that accountability is “attacking others”? You claim “angry” but I have no anger whatsoever, so I have no idea what you believe you are reading. I respect real ideas whether I agree with them or not. I can clearly see who is regurgitating opinions or just whining. It’s good you are friends with BigNatty, but my point was that I look for those who can make me think about a subject and am not concerned whether they like me or want to go to lunch. I live in Minny and run into very few Lions Fans. Nobody on this site should be offended by what I write. It is my honest take, nothing more.

I said you SOUND angry, arrogant and out of touch. Good Luck. :wink:

From the biggest excuse-maker for Matthew Stafford on the Planet Earth.

1 Like

Accountability every year in the draft here where the followers merely regurgitate what someone else said or wrote. When those of us that consistently identify talent are greeted with amnesia and silence from the followers.

Matt doesn’t need excuses. He plays great on Sundays, leads his team, the organization and city on and off the field.

happy waynes world GIF

It would be a huge downgrade.

2 Likes

It would be the most “Lions” move I could think of…

Only the Lions could let a Pro Bowl LG go for a late rounder and replace him with Joe Dahl

Let a 2nd LB go win a SB as a defensive centerpiece for another team… while still on his rookie contract.

Let Snacks become irate over his deal, no show to offseason activities, then when their is no chance to salvage the relationship… then we overpay him when it’s a lost cause.

Let a moron HC overstay his welcome, and absurdly embarrass your defensive leader in the Locker room instead of extending him.

Extend Diggs- a captain- contract then trade him for nothing and eat dead cap space while he makes a pro bowl and goes to the playoffs elsewhere. Spend double what Diggs cost between Harmon and the dead cap from Diggs… SMH

Seriously-

Laken Tomlinson became Dahl
Glasgow became Big V
Slay became Okudah
Van Noy became J Davis

This isn’t the hindsight game.

Other teams either traded for or signed these guys to huge money.

The Patriots, 49ers, Eagles and Seahawks clearly appreciated our inability to assess our own talent.

Decker, Tomlinson, Ragnow, Glasgow, Crosby

• I get that J Jackson was a great value, but since Tomlinson and Glasgow graded out as 80 plus and 71- J Jackson 51…I’m literally pointing out that Tomlinson would be in year 2 of his second deal with us… we simply gave Glasgow’s money to big V

We’d still have at least a 3rd rounder in hand.

Again we had no LB depth, and yet felt the need to throw a cheap rookie contract away in Van Noy… a guy we had recently drafted in round 2… instead of having Van Noy starting for us on his rookie deal, he was winning a SB starting in New England… so we then needed a use a 1st on another ho hum replacement in J Davis???

Out a 1st

Slay was a pro bowler in his prime, we lost the asset of #3 overall, and somehow pay Okudah and Trufant collectively more than Slay?

Out a #3 overall!!!

Diggs to Harmon with less years locked up, older and lesser player, and more pay plus dead cap…
The player exchange incurred 4M in lost cap room

We got worse in 4 positions talent wise in my opinion, and spend #3 overall, a #21 overall, and a 3rd…

Imagine having our original set of players and those 3 picks back… T White at CB in 17 or TJ Watt to play next to Van Noy… maybe Derrick brown if not Tua or Herbert this year?

So yes trading Stafford for a mid first, eating 22m in dead cap, then trading a 2nd or 3rd for Darnell and paying him 8-9M.

We’d spend the same money, have same amount of years under contract, and simply get a mid first and lose an early 2nd??? Only Detroit could make sense of that