Cowboys loose!

Very few things bring me as much joy in a Dallas lose! Especially how it came down to the very end. The last play of the game! The typical game they end up scoring a TD to win!

I hate them more then the Devil himself. Which by the way, when you think about it, the Devil gets a bad rep, deserved? Maybe but some definite piling on!

I hate the Vikes too. So pissed that a QB with 4-5 days in gets the W!!!

1 Like

It was better for the Lions if Dal won

14 Likes

If you weren’t rooting for the Cowboys today (yes, I know, we all hated it deep down in our souls), then you are 1,000% not paying attention to what’s going on.

7 Likes

I bet they are after the Hurts pounding.

Love the positivity @Air2theThrown Air. But why is Dallas winning better for the the Lions?

Not being an ass. . .truly haven’t looked into it much on the bye week.

Dreaming of the first round bye most likely.

With an eye ultimately on playing in an NFC Championship game in January, an Eagles loss would be more advantageous than a Cowboys loss. The Lions are ahead of the Cowboys now and would host if it came down to Dallas vs Detroit. But Philly is ahead of us and a trip to Philly in January w the Super Bowl on the line doesn’t sound promising. A Ford Field NFC Championship game is far more attractive. Last time the Lions traveled east for an NFC Championship game my roommate’s bike got tossed off our 6 story balcony into the pool area:
Redskins 41
Lions 10

1 Like

Well Mr. Jthom19802!

Educate us up!!!

As another reply mentioned is it to get a first round bye? Or is it dependent on a conditional pick from the Swift trade? I honestly don’t know.

As for all of the denizens planning on a first round playoff bye - I have to say, let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. Let’s worry about the next game and that’s it. We take care of the business in front of us, all things will work out.

True…but I think we lost in 1991 to the Skins because they were way better than us. Like 30 points better.

So yea home field is important. :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

I’m just as worried as the Chargers as I am the end game. Would the #1 seed be ideal? Of course, but the farther you crawl up the seedings (even #2), the more home games you get depending on how the other games play out. So any team with an equal or better record needs to lose.

Let’s say Eagles end up with the #1 seed. The way it works if Lions wouldn’t have to see them OR go on the road until the NFC Championship.

If Dallas won, Eagles and Lions would now be tied. Instead, Philly is still up a game on the entire NFC. Cowboys needed to win, didn’t happen. Seattle needed to lose, did happen.

Lions have to control what they can. Sucks that 2/3 of the division won today, but Lions still play them, ergo, they can control that.

Lions at this point have zero control over what the Eagles, 49ers, Seahawks and Cowboys do. Therefore, those should be automatic root against teams every week unless two of those teams are playing each other. Today was a perfect example and I’m sorry but you rooted for the wrong team.

Coming off a 38-6 thrashing of the Cowboys at the Silverdome, anything could’ve happened if the Skins had been forced to come to Motown. They may still have throttled us at home, but you must admit, if the Lions had any chance to beat Washington, it was at home, thus my point. Is Philly better than us? Probably. Could we beat them outdoors in January at their place. Perhaps. Better chance under Dan than Wayne. We were a finesse indoor team. Dan has built a tougher team as demonstrated at Lambeau last January. But all things being equal, home field in the playoffs is massive.

1 Like

Yeah while I enjoy a Cowboy loss with the best of them.

They needed to win this game

2 Likes

butt loose?

1 Like

If Philly loses the Lions are tied with them on 1st in the NFC, tie breakers come into effect then.

I hate to say that I would rather play in Philly than Dallas if we are destined to be on the road. I know Dallas is a dome, but damn they are very strong at home. And their kicker is millennia ahead of ours. Kicker mind you. Not punter.

Truthfully, I thought that 4th down catch for Dallas that was a foot short, Schoonmaker’s momentum would have carried him that extra foot if he wouldn’t have been in the process of being tackled before the ball arrived.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s better to cut loose when you’re losing.

Loose Cowboys…

Sexy Far West GIF by Love Island Italia

I did not love that call. For quite a few reasons.

1- clearly he was being tackle well before the ball arrive…PI for sure
2- he has to complete the catch and survive the ground, which means he landed in the end zone…so I feel like there is some judgement available here.
3- and finally because I wanted Dallas to win

1 Like