Cowboys release DE

Cowboys release DE Jalen Jelks to make room for Everson Griffen. I liked this guy at Oregon, Lions should take a look.

Wouldn’t hurt to bring him. Still need help up front.

Worth kicking the tires for sure

It depends. How much experience does he have taking one step forward, holding onto the lineman and standing there for 5 seconds? I’m sure Patricia can train him to do it, but experience is always better than projecting that he can do it.

2 Likes

I’m holding out for a DT instead, I don’t trust Hand to stay healthy or Williams to live up to his contract and Penisini is a rook and so is Cornell. And Shelton will get injured too. IOW, we’re screwed.

1 Like

You just holding out for one I mean based on your post we would ned 4 or 5 an then when all Lbs get hurt we will need 4 or 5 an what about secondary i mean we likely need at least 6 slow down :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t think Q/P are much interested in DTs, I was shocked when they got Shelton. I really think he’s going to turn into Harrison 2.0. Anyway, i lowered my expectations to just one DT, knowing I’d be lucky if we even got that. Need 4 or 5 DTs, but we better get that 6th WR instead. I couldn’t find the ‘we’re so screwed’ emoji.

Yep - I think we need a DT way more than a DE.

1 Like

I’m looking for the defensive tackle emoji

Picking Okwara and grabbing multiple LB’s like Jamie Collins and Reggie Ragland, Capinda, it just seems that 3-4 is where we are going. If that’s the case, then Shelton, Nick Williams, and hopefully one of the draftee’s or other FA sticks because we are thin and need depth. Hopefully we can develop one in house but it hasn’t been our long suit.