Curious what you guys think of Sam Howell

Given the opportunity of Howell or Zappe in the 3rd round, I am on record going with Zappe. He could sit a year to develop and I think his ceiling is higher than Goff which means you start him in 23 if he shows his potential

I just remember the conversations around arm strength and watching a number of the prospects’ highlights. I think the knock on Burrow was that he wasn’t actually throwing the ball far at all. So, when you mention a guy’s deep ball reminding you of Burrow, I can’t help but remember trying to find passes that exceeded 45 air yards. (it’s not a knock on anyone, just where my mind went)

ETA: And no sooner do I type that then NBC is talking to him about his working to improve his arm strength.

See I don’t get the arm strength question. To me I thought he had great velocity.

1 Like

She must’ve been

My perspective is he seems decent, BUT, I don’t like any of the qb’s in this draft more then GOFF. But I’m not calling the shots…so if they draft a guy, I’ll trust em. Lord knows they have coached up enough dudes this year……

For me it’s Willis/Corral/Pickett in that order, or complete pass.

1 Like

I totally agree. I’ll know more after workouts and the combine, but I like the potential of Willis a couple years down the road.