Current NFL announcers...good and bad

I tend to put females on a pedestal…e.g. my best friend is female.
Currently, there are no good female NFL announcers (IMHO, of course).
These are both true, they can co-exist.

1 Like

I literally listen to some of the old announcers on YouTube videos just for the nostalgia…
Dick Enberg…“ohhhh myyy”
Curt Gowdy
Lindsey Nelson
Pat Summerall
Keith Jackson
Howard Cosell
Chris Schenkel
Jack Buck
Vin Scully
Frank Gifford
and my fav…
Ray Scott, I still love hearing him say, “Lance Rentzel”

3 Likes

Gus used to be good.

I gus I’ll just take your word for it

Gus Johnson. He’s to bias.

1 Like

I’ve got to tell you, the Detroit Tigers TV play by play caller is HORRIBLE. What’s his name? Shepherd?The guy just plain sucks. They(whoever pays for these guys)need to bust open the purse strings and hire someone. The Tigers have sucked these last few years, but are getting better. Their TV guy continues to suck. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, Tigers.

I may have mentioned this before. If I have, I apologize for a continued rant.

We need Mario back bad. I mute the games now

1 Like

Agreed. Him getting ‘let go’ was bad. They could have gotten rid of ‘Rodney’ and kept Mario. Mario was good. Rod sucked. It always cracked me up how everyone was a ‘close personal friend’ of his and a ‘great baseball player and an even better human being’. Got tired of hearing about how everyone was special, too. He was just annoying.

1 Like

I didn’t mind Rod at all.

I got sick of him. The last 5 years or so I was done with him after about the 4th game of the season. He was always saying the same stupid shit. Over and over. ‘Country strong’, ‘he’s a special player’, and if someone hit a home run he started seeing people, ‘I see ya’. It’s as if he was trying to be famous for starting a saying. He offered nothing. BUT….and I almost hate to say it, he wasn’t as bad as Shepperd. Shep says some REALLY stupid shit. (Sigh…)I guess I’m just getting intolerant in my old age. There are many things I find irritating these days. Maybe being stuck in bed watching TV day after day is getting to me. I don’t know. Not much I can do about it.

1 Like