D’Andre Swift: the homecoming king behind the Eagles’ undefeated start

If by “everyone” you mean “hindsight-assisted armchair GMs who have to show that they would be the awesomest drafters and personnel deciders the NFL has ever seen”, I totally agree that “everyone” is worked up over Swift.

2 Likes

I think it’s mostly the meh pass receiving output (and optics) that cause the Gibbs heartburn. He’s been just fine in the run game. Especially when you consider him not having a big chunk run. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by his physicality while also concerned about it’s impact on his durability.

1 Like

Agreed I think his underlying metrics are fine re: his performance (though I do worry - and did during the draft process - that his tendency to take on hits will cause a lot of injuries). He’s gonna pop soon enough and all of this will be moot.

1 Like

I think saying this staff doesn’t know how to use any player is a ■■■■■■■ joke.
They know
I think you’re going in the right direction
Look at Barnes
A zero early on, now a serious asset
Obviously Barnes had something to do with his improvement, but so did the staff

We’ve seen more player development in the last three years than I’ve ever seen on this team

Coaches don’t know how to use a player :roll_eyes:
Sounds stupid no?

Holmes “I know we have no idea how to use a guy like Gibbs, but let’s draft him @ 12”

:person_shrugging:

4 Likes

Swift looked pretty ordinary vs LAR last week. 56 & 70 yards over the last two games. Hasn’t the predicted decline already begun ?

1 Like

:100:. The receiving production will come but he needs to learn when to make business decisions.

1 Like

Straight question for you and That’s ?

Do you think Gibbs is worth the 12th pic and is he that player you would have taken in that spot the way the draft fell ?

You already know my answer is no.

But it has nothing to do with D’Andre Swift.

See this is were the problem lays, you call that ordinary but when Gibbs ran for 80 yards people here went on and on how great he was. Seems there a different standards

1 Like

What @thats2 said. I don’t think there is a single person who wanted Gibbs to be the pick at 12. But he was and Brad and his scouting department have proven that they know a helluva lot more about football than I ever will so I’m not losing much sleep over it.

2 Likes

I said his performance LOOKED ordinary, not the numbers.They were only cited in contrast to the gaudy stats he put up in the last couple of games An eyeball test, in other words. Now that he’s been ridden hard for a minute, I saw a guy protecting himself from contact & less of the sparkle you saw in space in his earlier performances this year. Very reminiscent of his mid/late season showings for DET last year.

70 yds a game is clearly solid starter/1000 yd season production. Maintain that (big “if”, imo) & throw in a few explosives here & there, Philly will throw money at him. They’ll regret it.

1 Like

The Eagles have Slay, Swift, Jalen Carter and Matt Patricia. That’s about 50 percent of the den threads these days.

3 Likes

Straight up question for you:

Has Brad Holmes earned himself the benefit of the doubt or not?

5 Likes

You stir up more shit per post than anyone on here
Guess what, drafting ain’t easy and Holmes has proven himself to be a master at drafting

And you want to dig up old shit

The team is 4-1, likely to soon be 5-1
What’s good enough? :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

We’re 4-1 with a massively improved run game, brother.

I 100% would have.

I did

comedy central yes GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

I was excited AF about it. Still am!

1 Like

Well hell yes , Brad could miss on Jamo and Gibbs and he is still hitting on a ton of pics. Brad has done a great job. Look at this team. But doesn’t mean you you can’t talk about moves that you think are not so great. Just with so many here you have to like every move or you are a bitcher or complainer.

1 Like

Yeah we are ,but that massive run game is dew to that Oline and Monty more then Gibbs.
Gibbs hasn’t added much so far every raved over his 80 yrds but Netflixs did almost that just in the 4th qter .

Not liking every move doesn’t make somebody a bitcher or complainer. Bitching and complaining make someone one.

2 Likes