D.J. Moore hopes Bears don't draft a QB: Justin Fields is better than them

2 Likes

I also hope they do not draft a QB. Makes 2 of us.

Rather Lions just learn to contain running QBs better and then will be much easier games.

1 Like

lol gotta love one of your best best players getting involved in the off season…before it’s the off season. When I see Fields I believe he can’t wait to go somewhere else.

1 Like

I’d rather see them make another bad decision in who they take at QB, versus having to play against Marvin Harrison twice a year.

We had Calvin Johnson, top 5 all-time at his position IMO, and we didn’t win as much as a playoff game. By all means take MH2.

1 Like

I still remember all that JF for MVP crap in the off-season when we just ignored how historically bad of a passing season he had last year. He’s just not a great QB, lol.

1 Like

I hope daBears hierarchy listens to him.

The Bears could make a huge haul by trading out of #1 and still get a great QB. Last 5 years first QB taken in the draft.

2019…Kyler Murray, was offensive rookie of the year, a poor draft for QB’s but he was the right pick.
2020…4 QB’s taken in the first and all are currently starters.
2021…Bears take Fields but he was the 4th QB taken in that draft.
2022…First QB isn’t taken until pick #20, and Pickett has a ceiling of average or below IMO. Will Levis should have declared as Kentucky went backwards.
2023…3 out of the first 4 picks were QB’s and all were immediate starters.
2024…Well, a stellar draft for QB’s. And I think you can throw out the trade chart.

Most draft boards that I follow have 4-5 QB’s going in the first round and I really think the top 3 to 4 are extremely hi quality picks. The Bears could trade down and possibly still be #2, will NE make the move up to #1? Or they could trade down and use their own first pick and still get the right arm. I wouldn’t move Fields because you immediately go to a Saints scenario and Fields becomes a way better version of Taysom Hill. The Bears could set themselves for years to come by moving down out of either of their first round picks and adding an additional first next year while still having 2 in the first this year. I’m not as sold on Caleb being the first QB in this class but that doesn’t mean that I don’t think he won’t or can’t be a great NFL player. It simply means that if you pass, and take the trade, I believe that the Bears could and should still end up with a quality starter.