Da’Shawn Hand interview

Pretty cool interview! Wishing him the best this year and really liked him his rookie year until All the injuries… however, one crazy thing he mentioned was he was down to 270 last year?! I could’ve sworn when he was drafted he was 293 (didn’t look it up just have that number in my head for some reason) and the way they used him inside and outside, why would they have wanted him to get so light? Otherwise, good interview and seems like a likeable dude.

4 Likes

So Patricia had Tavai bulking up to play inside linebacker @ 270 pounds and Hand losing weight to play DL? That just makes no sense at all.

Hand does seem like a genuinely good dude in the interview. Hope he has a great season!

And Hand calling Alim a dancing teddy bear, lol

5 Likes

Right???!

1 Like

That’s a great interview. I really like seeing these media sessions with our players. For one I get to learn more about them as a player, but also as a person. We have a really cool group of players, I truly have enjoyed watching these interviews. Another thing I like is I’m getting better facial recognition with them, it really helps with them up there taking questions.

4 Likes

That’s a great point, I’m so used to remembering players numbers but always seeing a helmet on their head I probably wouldn’t be able to recognize half of them if they walked right up to me.

The interviews this year have been much more entertaining, informative and honest. Such a 180 from the last couple years. It’s nice they are “allowed” to be themselves and show their personality.

5 Likes

Ok I looked it up, he was 297 coming out of college and had a great rookie year playing inside/outside.

It seems like the whole past regime’s motto sometimes was “let’s see what they do really well and then take that away from them.”

:man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

This is most access I’ve ever seen. Interviews have been more in print, instead of videos like we’re seeing now. The Jonah Jackson interview was good as well, I feel really good about the development of that young man.

1 Like

Sure seems that way.

2 Likes

For sure! And yes as excited as I am to see what bottom of the roster guys make it, I’m definitely more interested in seeing how our starters or up and coming starters develop. Jackson is a great example, and other guys like Hand, Sewell, McNeill, Onzwurike, Walker, Harris, Oruwariye…. These are the guys who are going to really make a difference this year. And like you said it’s great getting this new type of access and openness.

2 Likes

Roger That!

1 Like

Likable dude.
Freakin’ nobody shaving their head, these days!
Let’s get it done, Hand!

Love to see our dudes reading personal development books too!

2 Likes

I love these player nterviews…. Campbell leads the way… and I can’t help but think he’s just telling all the players …. Have fun… be real… don’t give away secrets… just enjoy

3 Likes

I agree i watch everyone including staff

1 Like

Good interview, good kid…I had never heard him speak before and now I want to root for him.

3 Likes

One of the top recruits in the nation when he went to Alabama, he never really lived up to it. There were questions about his play/effort, in fact it reminded me of when DC was talking about the guy who held back to finish strong. We got him in the 4th round, even after he had played well in the Senior Bowl but got injured. Unfortunately he just seems to be one injury after another. I also really liked the interview and hope he can get back on track and stay healthy, he’s in a contract year so it’s pretty much now or never.

1 Like

Hand has always been a great interview.

He’s the big X Factor on defense for the 3rd straight year. If the big guy can ever stay healthy, he can make a real impact. I’ll believe it when I see it but I’m rooting for him, easy guy to root for.

1 Like

I hope Da’Shawn balls out! Love his attitude

2 Likes

Alas, he was apparently injured today… effing heck…

1 Like

Get outta here. For real? He just can’t catch a break, hopefully it’s not too serious.

1 Like

Unfortunately… it was in here, leg injury no elaboration on how serious

1 Like