Daily affirmations for Lions fans

This is how I see many here:

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them, you’re a mile away and have their shoes” - Jack Handey

5 Likes

Niiice!

“To bear trials with a calm mind robs misfortune of its strength and burden.”
— Seneca

3 Likes

fadab52c-fe73-4a9a-9c01-7221f1311eee

3 Likes

As long as we lean on anything outside ourselves for support, we are going to be insecure. Most of us try to find support by leaning on all sorts of things - gold, books, learning, sensory stimulation - and if these things are taken away, we fall over. To the extent that we are dependent on these external supports, we grow weaker and more liable to upsets and misfortune.

Eknath Easwaran, The End of Sorrow

3 Likes

“Anything or anyone capable of angering you becomes your master.”

— Epictetus

3 Likes

LOL - Love it!

Matt Patricia is our MASTER!!!

1 Like

Here is my affirmation, I’m done with these assholes. Bye…

2 Likes

Who could blame you???

Not Marcus Aurelius:

“It’s time you realized that you have something in you more powerful and miraculous than the things that affect you and make you dance like a puppet.”

2 Likes

LOL - Hilarious (and true)

He may have been referring to the plague, which he is supposed to have died from. (If it didn’t kill him, it would certainly have kept him from dancing.) I hope you are not saying that being a Lions fan is like death from the plague.

I mean, I’m not saying it’s not…

1 Like

Do chickens do the “people dance” at their weddings?!

2 Likes

“We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more in imagination than in reality.”
Seneca

2 Likes

Seneca didn’t have the terms “future tripping“ or “catastrophizing” in his day.

1 Like

YES!!!
This is large part of what I do for a living–> Help people to realize this.

1 Like

Every failure is a step to success. The Lions facilities have really big steps.

2 Likes

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s linebacker

2 Likes

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.

3 Likes

Mark Twain: “Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience”

8 Likes