Dallas keeping HC Mike McCarthy

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1747783878222197075?s=20

Thank you, Jerrah. Thank you. This will be great fun. Maybe you should extend him while you’re at it…

2 Likes

As long as he also gives Dak an insane contract, so he can continue to beat up on bad competition.

3 Likes

I can already tell him exactly how next year’s gonna end for them. Jerruh’s surprisingly loyal to a fault. Campo, Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, Chan Gailey, they were all there a year or two too long.

2 Likes

JJ is just too cheap and lazy to do a search for a new coach and pay the one he fires for the remainder of his contract?

If JJ weren’t the Owner and GM, MM would have been canned before the stadium was empty that night.

Incredibly embarrassing product and overall game. Run out of their own building in every way.

You don’t win your division and crap the bed at home, against a 7 seed, without heads rolling. Only in Dallas.

I’m just salty because I told my Packers fan friend that he just cost MM his job and I was wrong… somehow.

2 Likes

JJ likes to keep control. He doesn’t want a strong coach because he would have to relinquish some control. Jerry’s goal is for the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl and for him to get all of the credit. He’ll die with a loser’s scowl on his face.

1 Like

How much are we betting that’s Belichik said thanks, but no thanks? Lol

2 Likes

ha ha simpsons GIF

1 Like

Was pretty obvious. I predicted this in the game thread. 36-15 is an awesome stretch for that (and really any franchise).

And it’s not a situation that many big time guys want a part of.

Possible. But I think Bill is trying to avoid getting the fraud title. He sucked before and after Brady. Brady still flourished after leaving. Virtually none of the coaches from Bill’s tree have succeeded. Many have crashed and burned. Compare Bill’s tree to the Parcell (where BB came from) and Holmgren coaching trees. Perhaps he was just lucky that the GOAT fell into his lap. In the fourth year of his post Brady rebuild the Patriots are 4 - 13.

1 Like

Yeah, I can see where you’re coming from, but let me add some facets to consider.

Fraud Title, Barry Switzer and Jon Gruden won fraud titles with Jimmy Johnson’s Cowboys and Tony Dungy’s Buccaneers respectively. I don’t think there’s a team out there today that you can put in that category. I think the heart of the issue is whether Belichik goes down as one of the greatest defensive minds ever to grace a sideline that got gifted with Brady, or whether his legacy is one of the greatest coaches of all time.

I don’t think anyone will argue his chops as a defensive guru, but it’s equally apparent that his acumen as a draft evaluator has been exposed as monolithic sans Brady. He was gifted at trading for established talent, Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, but that’s not enough.

The crux is how his legacy endures as a Head Coach. Can he work with the groceries someone else puts in the kitchen, or has time made him too inflexible to work with anyone but his hand selected guys that he signs off on? He is going to want to pick the right situation. At his best, I could see him raising a franchise out of mediocrity, or destroying an organization as thoroughly as his progeny have done across the league.

I thought Dallas represented an interesting opportunity complete with an owner that didn’t mind bending the rules. Perhaps it wasn’t mutually beneficial. Perhaps a team that lacks an established culture and is hungry for success is what Belichik needs to succeed in his final chapter.

Without a doubt though, someone else needs to shop for his groceries.

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.