Dan Campbell Can Become Next Andy Reid

If we sign a bunch of criminals and Coach Campbell gains about 100 pounds… sure :laughing:

9 Likes

I’m not sure what I think of the author suggesting he knows better than Dan when it comes to game-time decision-making. That’s not why we blew it in the NFCCG. We blew it because the players stopped executing and started to make questionable decisions themselves (also terrible luck). It’s great that Dan takes it on the chin like a coach should, but it wasn’t his fault at all.

Personally I think Dan is the best gameday decision-maker in the league, and any suggestion that he should tone down his aggressiveness will have the unforeseen consequence of costing us MORE games if he actually does it. The numbers are pretty clear - he added more victory probability with his decisions than any other coach in the league. It takes balls to do it like he does it, and he has them in spades. I wouldn’t want him any other way.

20 Likes

Not to mention, we probably lose that Rams game if we kick the field goal instead of throwing the fourth down touchdown to Laporta. There were about six things that happened in the NFC championship game that if even one of them doesn’t happen, we win. Talking specifically about the two drops from Reynolds, the fumble by Gibbs, the bounce off the facemask of Vildor, I believe a RSB had a crucial drop as well. We win the game if we don’t do any of those things. Most likely we win the Super Bowl too. Sucks, but we gotta be better this year. In no way is it a reflection of coaching ability or strategy.

7 Likes

Clapping Applause GIF by 1091

6 Likes

have to win like four bowls -first…

1 Like

Absolutely.

And honestly I think Dan is probably kicking himself for kicking the FG right before the half in the NFCCG. I know it was at the distance where the decision becomes basically 50/50, but by converting I’m sure our win probability would have skyrocketed, just like it did on the LaPorta TD vs the Rams.

And what good did kicking the FG do for us anyway?

2 Likes

GOAT

1. In game decisions
  2. Culture building → by oceans of difference
  3. Developing talent
  4. Winning at the margins (nuances of excellence)
  5. Faith building (this should be #1 on the list)
  6. Hiring, treatment, training of assistants
  7. Honoring & connecting with others, from ownership to trainers, to players, to gatorade guys
2 Likes

you play the game to win from start to finish-no matter what, all Dan did was try to win and the 23 team had ZERO quit , you TRY with everything you have-every game.

Herm is that you?

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

2 Likes

I hope he becomes the first Dan Campbell.

Will his children be better behaved?

1 Like

It remains my biggest regret about that game.

1 Like

nah I’m a crusty aging White Guy from Millington, Michigan
WIN_20240221_08_02_53_Pro

2 Likes

220px-Zodiac-Killer

Zodiac?

6 Likes

I believe my good friend @BigNatty crowned Dan as the best coach in the league a couple years ago. It is taking the rest of you forever to catch up with him. He was right and he called it before we started winning. He based it off of energy not logic.

1 Like

Emphasis on the “crusty”.
@wolfcub36 :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

MAN now you be hitting low @DuhLyins , I LOVE Pizza.

1 Like

Moooooooooooooooooooo moooooooooooooooooooo

We better PUP Mosley. Pretty sure that we will. Let him get all the way back physically and treat him like a trade deadline acquisition.

We could use the roster spot. Going to be tight.