Dan Campbell finishes third in coach of year voting; Lions shut out of awards

1 Like

Ceedee Lamb won the best moment award for his catch against the lions.

puke GIF

1 Like

1 Like

Who cares? Would you take any of these coaches over Dan? I wouldn’t!

4 Likes

So Kevin stefankski has now won it twice coaching the browns. So this year the browns won 10 games. Last year they won 7. Year before they won 8.

We won 12 games with last year winning 9. Same level of improvement. I’m not sure when the votes got counted… but we also went to the nfccg vs the browns getting blown out in the first round. The year before last we won 3. So a much bigger impact overall. I guess Dan didn’t get a lot of votes because the turnaround started midway last year? So people expected us to be better? Although the browns won 11 games and stefankski got coach of the year already… 4 years ago. But because he did a poor job in between nobody expected anything. So dumb

3 Likes

Yep, I really don’t get the Stefanski thing either. At least all the other ones make sense.

The moment of the year one is super annoying and it’s like they’re just trying to piss us off.

2 Likes

Yup. Ridiculous. It’s just a popularity contest All of the metrics and stats are ridiculous

I watched the Chiefs game last night, in the first punt of the game was 69 yards with hang time… By the 28th ranked punter in the NFL.

I hope it gives our guys fuel

3 Likes

Who’s the 1 person that voted Jack Campbell 2nd place for DROY

2 Likes

Hey we got that block of the year, didn’t we?

Dan should’ve won it last year. This year, third was probably right among those finalists (Steichen not even being a finalist was terrible).

I think it should have been between Dan, Ryans and Steichen. Browns got lucky af to win a bunch of those games, and were carried by their defense (until they weren’t). The Schwartz award makes much more sense than giving it to Stefanski imo

3 Likes

Best moment? That play was a comedy of â– â– â– â–  ups. Barnes hilarious tackle attempt. Vildor falling down in coverage. It should receive the most ridiculous blooper play of the year. Looked like the bad news bears.

4 Likes

Yes, Netflix did win that one. So there was representation.

1 Like

I agree Pal. This was probably more about The Cowboys, and less about Lamb.

I can think of several moments that were bigger than this, and it probably wouldn’t even make my top 10.

How about the whole Aaron Rodgers thing? All the publicity and fanfare. The whole Rodgers carrying the American flag on the field…then boom. 4 plays into the season Rodgers is toast.

3 Likes

agreed.

Stefanski got lucky that their 4th choice at QB…
who crawled off his couch…

came in and played better than he has in about 7 years.

And that isn’t coaching.

Flacco made plays off plays off platform… and certainly wasn’t “coached up” after joing the team midseason.

2 Likes

half baked bullshit GIF

2 Likes

Shit, now that I think about it, the Lamb catch wasn’t even the moment of that game, let alone the entire year.

People will remember what happened at the end of that game long after they forget about that catch.

2 Likes

The sports writers didn’t like that Dan kept receipts that show that they don’t know shit from shinola.

1 Like

Wesley Snipes Style GIF by Bounce

2 Likes

Some motherf-ckers are always trying to ice skate uphill…