Dan Campbell Learns Early Lesson: Leaving Voicemails Does Not Work

I don’t even answer my phone. Text me telling me what you want and I will get back to you.

1 Like

I’m usually driving or running around in a loud brewery. My ringer is off 24/7. Anyone is welcome to call anytime day or night but I’m likely not going to answer and less likely to listen to VM.

If it’s someone I’m expecting, I’ll tell them to text me when they are ready to chat and I’ll see it and call them back

Or if it’s important I’ll schedule a call and set my alerts to make sure I don’t miss it

I also never leave VMs unless I feel I have to. And I try to keep my voicemail box full except Sprint keeps making room

You’ve got to get them via their beeper. Remember to enter ‘911’ if it’s important.

1 Like

Only pager I want

I have this feature and use it all day long but it’s not like your suggesting. Your VM comes in and you can read it in text form. I use this over listening to the VM to identify if the VM is worthy of listening to. Mainly because I’m multitasking, in a meeting or on another call. So I look to see how time sensitive it is and if I should listen to it.

There was a time when I lived off my pager and bag phone, then off my black berry. Before moving on to flip phones …. lol

Times sure have changed.

1 Like

Dr Evil Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

He was talking about voice text. If you like to leave your real voice in message form it’s a feature on many phones. You hit the voice button in your text app and then you talk just like you would when you are leaving a voice-mail. The difference is instead of a phone call that sends you to voice-mail you text the voice-mail to the person and they click on it.

My daughter likes texting me “I love you daddy” voice text messages.

1 Like

When they don’t have their pager on them…yes

Love that, bro

I will retell this old story. I was in college and we went out and played a round of golf. We were freshman so we weren’t allowed to have cars on campus at the time, so we took the bus there with our golf clubs. One of the guys arranged for a special treat after the round…our RA was going to pick us up affterwards so we wouldn’t have to ride the bus on the way home. SWEET! But we all knew he drove a complete POS car that barely made it from point A to point B. Ithink it wa an old 5th Avenue or something like that. It had 4 doors and I got in the back. I get in and I when I try to shut the door, it won’t close. What a POS car, his door won’t even close! At this point I can only imagine us riding down the freeway with me holding his broken door so it won’t fly open. So I decide to force the issue. I slam the door…then open and slam it…then open and slam it again. I’m gonna get this damn door shut if its the last thing I do…I don’t care how hard I have to slam this rusty door!

Then I look down and see my pager crushed to hell. Back then I used to carry a pager with the little bungie chord. When I got into the car it must have been knocked off my hip, and the bungie chord must have been the perfect length to put my pager at the exact perfect point where the bottom of the door was. So I not only got in and smashed my pager in the door…I kept slamming it in the door over and over and over and increasing the power in which I crushed my own pager each time. Once I picked up what was left of my pager and moved it out of the way, the door closed easily and we were on our way. :rofl:

2 Likes

LOL - You’re strong, man! Back then, shit was made to be durable!

Glad Nick Fury didn’t do this kind of thing pre-thanos :crazy_face: