Dan Campbell opens up about Detroit Lions' '313 grit' mentality (FULL INTERVIEW) | FNIA | NFL on NBC

EXCELLENT interview with the walking-legend MCDC. I love Campbell on:

What a Detroit Lion is: “…a roster of guys that think about the game like I did, detailed, love the grind, but man they have talent.”

Who inspired him to keep going when the team was 4-19-1: “Coach Parcells, though we might not directly talk, I’d get a text from him. Coach Payton…”

Building around Goff: “We really wanted to expand his horizons and force it all on him. Gave him ownership and confidence to evolve really…”

Jamal Williams: “Jamal Williams will always be near and dear to my heart but…”

The Hype-train: “Who won the division last year, MN. And who has won it most years before that, GB. Those are the kings in the conference and oh btw, we didn’t even make the playoffs last year…”

Love this guy!

9 Likes

Bingo! We haven’t done anything yet. Glad he embraces that. I think we surprised some teams last year, that aint happening this year. Gotta come ready to rock every week.

8 Likes

Woooord.

Best coach in NFL

4 Likes

Q. How does that guy who loved to go to biker bars ever become a head coach, did you think that at the time?

Forget the HC question, here is a nugget on DC I hadn’t heard before…loves to go to biker bars? Not surprised, but there has to be some good stories there.

1 Like

That was great, thanks for posting.

1 Like

Definitely worth watching. Most genuine coach in the NFL! I’ve got a huge man crush on MCDC!!!

6 Likes

You can see the deep freindship the 2 had

5 Likes

Had the same thought, very evident.

3 Likes

Yup. I’ll bet Dan has saved his life a few times both off and on the field.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.