Dan Campbell previews the Minnesota Vikings | Inside the Pride Week 14

3 Likes

You know, maybe a tad unrelated, but people forget DC is in the Bill Parcells coaching tree. He was down in NO with Payton, also a Bill Parcells protege.

And if you are too young to remember, or just not familiar, Bill Parcells was a master of head games and motivating players. Much in the same vein as Lombardi. If you have time, go to Youtube and find A Football Life: Bill Parcells to get an idea of how Bill Parcells learned how to motivate his guys.

I see so much of that in Dan Campbell. He takes a lot of flak for his in game management and being a meathead, but I feel like what people miss is his people skills. He knows his players well enough to understand what is needed and what button to push. Reminds me so much of what made Parcells such a good coach. He learned from one of the best.

3 Likes

Campbell definitely has the Parcells influence.

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s like a Parcells for this generation. A bit softer than Parcells but I feel like Campbell isn’t afraid to tell a player exactly how he feels either.

2 Likes

A lot.

Sad to say, but he’s been judged harshly due to his delivery and appearance. I think there is a depth to his knowledge and experience that is missed by so many that have concluded they’re smarter than him because they’re not on board with some of his play calls.

3 Likes

Definitely feel this is true. He treats them right, but pretty sure he will come down on them too. But they know he is doing it for the right reasons and it’s making them better.

Side note, I’m pretty sure I heard Peyton say “we” when referring to the Lions, when making his pick for the Lions in the pregame show last week. Made me think he might be in contact with Dan.

2 Likes

His traits are innate!

1 Like

Niiiiice
Where was this, man?
IS there a link?
Love it!

1 Like

It was on the NFL today program before the game on Sunday. At the end when they each pick a winner for a certain game. Peyton picked Detroit, and when he was saying why he made the pick, he inadvertently said “we”, then he reworded it, but the rest of the hosts all had a chuckle over his slip of the tongue.
I could have heard it wrong. I don’t know if anybody can link that or not.

2 Likes

Love it.
Peyton is a very smart guy. He in’t pick Campbell because he’s a moron. Campbell was his assistant HC. This is part of the reason I support him so much…I know where he comes from, who his mentors are, an how they felt about him. Muuuuch more credibility than angry fans looking to project a blame after a loss.

Campbell is gonna crush it here!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.