Dan is Live on DetroitLions.com

Agreed, it’s a ruthless business. College and the nfl. You can try to help mentor the young kids for sure, but if you don’t win, they replace you very quickly. Chark was saying on the St. Brown podcast that he’s had 3 different head coaches and 5 different offensive coordinators in the past 5 years for example.

Brad Holmes followed Dan at the podium (or at least on the NFL+ broadcast) and he states that Brett Fischer will be on staff with Mike Clark. (Player Health)

1 Like

Pat Kirwin had Brad on earlier today for an interview.
Pat’s last question to Brad:
What’s it like to hang out with Dan all day? I mean I want to, has to be fun.

Dan is always on, he is always passionate, full of energy, and the thing is with Dan, it’s real. It’s not fake it is who he is and it’s a lot of fun.

1 Like

Some Holmes presser notes…

• Levi is rehabbing, been at the facility
  • Big expectations for Jamo, he will basically be like adding another 1st round pick next year
  • Mutual interest to bring Jamaal back in free agency
  • Brett Fischer came highly recommended, Holmes wants to get better at the medical performance and overall player well being
  • “We love Jared, but we don’t have anything behind him” - Says he needs to improve the QB room and the backup situation.
  • Feels like free agents will be more willing to sign with Detroit, but the players have to fit the Lions culture “You gotta be real careful in free agency though”
  • Likes the good young core of TE’s - Mentions both Wright and Mitchell as guys that can play
  • Will try to do their best to keep the young core in place for the future
  • Says he’s fortunate as a GM to have quality coaches that can really develop young players
  • It’s gonna be a big offseasn and he feels confident they will make another step forward next year
3 Likes

Thank You!

Yep, there were guys I liked last year, there are guys I like this year but they’re in a good place.

1 Like

Really liked Mitchell from the little we saw. I think he is going to be a pleasant surprise this year.

2 Likes

The is probably the best thing about Deion Sanders

1 Like

This is music to my ears. I hope we draft Hooker with pick 81. With any luck he develops into an eventual starter and we don’t have to pay Jared 50 mill.

Go…

Yeah - I caught that too. I am thinking these guys have a pretty light draft board.

1 Like

The first one that comes to mind for me is Washington St LB Daiyan Henley.

1 Like

Van Ness
Witherspoon
B Branch
T Wilson

1 Like

POV watching football tape with Brian Daboll

1 Like

Jalen Carter! Campbell said he was looking for guys with FBI in his presser… and Jalen knows all about them.

1 Like

Snl Oh No You Didnt GIF by Saturday Night Live

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I have about 1,000 things to say about his presser, so I’ll just go with this.

Around 10:27, Justin (Rogers) starts to ask a question but gets over-voiced and while the other guy is asking his question he looks over and says, “I’ll make sure to get back to you, Justin.”. That’s just class man. He did it a couple minutes later for a lady in the back.

My second one was somewhere in the 16 minute area he’s asked about him and Brad and the staff being there vs. other teams not and paraphrasing - while disguising - was “let the rest of the teams do what they want, we’re here for a reason.”

Love him. Love Brad. Love the staff. Love the scouting. Love the people who are in the office above everybody’s paygrade. Would pay good money for a time machine that could just take me to August.

1 Like

Side note, pretty sure if I punched him in the traps it’d break my hand. Yeesh the man is built. (No @BigNatty , no. Calm down. Don’t do it.).

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

We need an empty cookie jar for you to put the $1 in every time. Like a swear jar, only with the gifs every time you can’t help yourself.

1 Like