Dan Patrick: Officiating is ruining the NFL

They are using the abundance of penalties as a cover for controlling the outcomes of games.

2 Likes

No matter how it’s argued, this is the perception.
I think it has a lot of credence.
Miami linebacker says the ref told him to “Stay off of Tom” after a legal hit.
They have to protect their money and play to the biggest markets.

WOW!
I really feel like things have gone downhill since Goodell has been in there. Gets more ref-oriented every year, and more bs calls determining outcomes of games every year too.
The pattern of more ref involvement is directly in alignment with poor calls determining outcomes of games.
Is the pattern of big market teams winning in line with the other two trajectories?
It sure seems like it. I hate to believe in things like this, but it sure does seem like an awful lot of coincidences.

1 Like

was it just me or did it seem like the flags stayed in pockets for our game vs. the eagles?

I know we had 9 but it didn’t ‘seem’ like it.

curious what it was around the league. It’d be funny if there were phone calls made saying ‘tone it down a bit’

KILLEBREW ALMOST TEARS EAGLE PLAYER HEAD OFF

“Okay not that much”

The Seattle game where the official somehow added intent to the rule about batting balls out if the end zone and said there Seattle guy didnt have it thus no penalty, then the screencap of the guy literally directing the ball out if bounds with that ref staring at the play. Seattle player says afterwards he meant to, which was irrelevant yet still showed how terrible the official was.
kj-wright

2 Likes

The Jim Schwartz Red Flag rule. Ref blatantly misses running backs knee go down, he pops up and runs another 50 yards forms TD after everyone had stopped. Ref signals TD, but Schwartz throws red flag like a lawn dart before the score since Everyone in the World saw his knee down. TD at that time couldn’t be challenged, and the penalty called on Schwartz fornthrowing the flag locked the play result in.

down2

1 Like

It’s funny because the INTENT couldn’t be more clear. The guy literally stopped, stared at it, then carefully knocked it out of bounds. What a joke.

Remember when it wasnt a fumble on Favre because he “intended” to throw the ball forward? LOL

1 Like

That’s like the playoff goal the Redwings were screwed out of because the refs “intended” to blow the whistle. Even though they didn’t. And there’s no reason they reasonably should have

People keep buying their lame ass excuses.