Dane Brugler new mock 2.0

Has Lions moving up to 15 and drafting Anthony Richardson… how would you guys feel about that?

1 Like

hide GIF

1 Like

“Hard to believe”? I dont get it. I mean 20 teams are in need of a QB by this logic.

What a great job to be in sports journalism. Get paid to know absolutely nothing in too many instances.

1 Like

They still think we’re stupid.
Hopefully the other 31 GM’s and HC’s think that, too.

You have to look at it from an out of town perspective. Look at Seattle for your understanding. Geno has had a great year at qb for the Seahawks. Should they still draft a guy? It doesn’t matter what Geno plays like; everyone expects him to revert back to not being good enough, because that’s what Geno Smith has always been: a guy the league has deemed not good enough.

Jared goff, rightly or wrongly, has been deemed not quite good enough. In spite of his play, the nfl expects him to continue to be… not quite good enough.

1 Like

Absolutely fair assessment. The main difference, though, is Goff has been to a Superbowl and has been part of multiple top scoring offenses. The media just seems to act is if Goff has never done jack his whole career.

3 Likes

Do you think Holmes thinks they can win a Super Bowl with Goff? If they answer isn’t a definite yes, then you have to stay open-minded to the options…

I feel very comfortable with Goff and we can win games and play great football. My only fear is we ball out all year and he’s lighting it up, make the playoffs and we go down early 17-0 to let’s say the 49ers, do you feel comfortable with him then where the defense knows ur throwing the ball and we need to come back… He’s solid when the whole playbook is open and game is close and all that but I don’t want to get hype by his last 8 games and ride the wave just to know what we know about him comes playoff time and we lose because of him. Kinda like the Rams situation all over again, let him be the starter this up coming season and possibly the year after then make a move for QB. That’s how I see it tbh. Not sold on Anthony Richardson tbh…

2 Likes

Fair point, ur right but did you see week 14, 2018 vs the bears the way Goff played? Or the Super Bowl where he missed opportunity after opportunity? I don’t want to be happy with mediocrity (Just making playoffs) and I don’t want to finally realize that when it’s too late. We have a top OL and solid pieces, let’s see what he does this year. He’s in the Cousins, Carr tier

2 Likes

I mean, if we fear a regression to the average Goff has a 92.8 QBR. Geno has as 84.8

Plus sure Goff in his Super Bowl appearance struggled against a top defense. But he’s not the first QB to struggle against the Patriots when they had a top ten defense in the playoffs

Everyone drools over Jared Allen but dudes defense bailed him out this weekend. He threw two picks and fumbled twice

2 Likes
3 Likes

Geno smith is 32
Jared goff is 28

4 years is a big difference

3 Likes

Trevor Lawrence threw as many touchdowns in the 2nd half last weekend as Jared Goff has in his playoff career

It’s wasn’t just the Super Bowl

Just a thought:

I genuinely think the Lions are Super Bowl contenders next year. The only thing that derails that is Jared Goff getting injured. If you can’t bring in a solid backup for Goff, would it make sense to go with a guy like Richardson if you truly thought you could win it all?

2 Likes

And trevor threw 4 ints. If charger’s had a real o cord trevor would be criticized for the ints not hailed for the tds today

4 Likes

This is where I get lost on that comparison. Goff went to a Super Bowl and was a 2 time pro bowler early in his career while Geno was a complete bust until last season. Hell (and I know this will ruffle some feathers), Goff’s career just about mirrors Stafford’s career to date. People act like Goff had a nothing career before Detroit. It’s insanity.

3 Likes

Yeah, but against any real coach his 4 picks in 8 passes would have led to one of the most lopsided opening round games ever.

1 Like

Trevor Lawrence threw twice as many interceptions in the 1st half as Jared Goff has in his playoff career
4 picks and a 70 QBR isn’t going to win a lot of games

Last couple playoff games Goff was in he had a 95 QBR beating the Sea hags and 105 rating in a loss to the Packers - all with a broken thumb

Lawrence is great but in the playoffs right now, I’d roll with Goff

2 Likes

What’s more likely to derail a playoff run is lack of depth and talent at DT and DB. Is Anthony Richardson going to play CB as well as backup QB?

Defense is important. It’s why the Bills won despite Allen’s three almost four turnovers. Cousins actually had a better game but the Vikings defense made Daniel Jones look like Michael Vick

2 Likes

I agree about the defense and I hope at least 4 of the top 6 picks are on that side of the ball. And they don’t have to take a QB that high–if they liked someone lower in the draft, do it there.

Just posing the question.

That trade is horrible, btw, if you go by the trade chart. Id be upset.

1 Like