Daniel Jeremiah's CB tiers

Here’s where DJ ranked them so far on his Move The Sticks podcast.

Tier 1: Devon Witherspoon
Tier 2: Brian Branch, Joey Porter Jr.
Tier 3: Christian Gonzalez, Emmanuel Forbes
Tier 4: Tyrique Stevenson, Kelee Ringo, Deonte Banks, Riley Moss
Tier 5: Clark Phillips III, Cam Smith

Quite a few surprises (love to see Deonte Banks getting some love). Though I’m still mad at DJ for being so low on Sewell.

6 Likes

What do folks think of Clark Phillips as a slot corner?

@CuriousHusker loves him. I’m a little less bullish, he’s not as sticky as I would like him to be and I wonder how good of an athlete he is (a question that should get answered pretty soon). But there’s no doubting his playmaking ability, and that is a really enticing part of his game.

2 Likes

He’s really good at attacking the catch point. I think that’s tough to coach up. He has like a tame version of the Tillman punch that he deploys on bigger receivers sometimes. IDK I think he’s a good player. He’a the same guy he was when most had him in the top 30. Maybe that was too aggressive but out of the top 100 is dumb IMO

3 Likes

That is what I like about him. He’s been productive and he’d done it since day one. Those guys usually stick in the NFL it seems like. Of course, as you say you need to be athletic to play corner in the NFL so testing is super important.

Yeah there we agree, he’ll probably come in somewhere in the 40s or 50s for me. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like Kei’trel Clark go ahead of him because of the testing, or Deonte Banks. Maybe Cam Mitchell too. There’s still a lot of movement to come in this CB class.

These are the only number I could find on Phillips from HS camps etc. 4.52 with a 36 vert. You’d have to think he’s improved on those.

I think Banks goes early second if there is a run on CB. Provided he works out like his supporters expect him to.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all. And if he blows up the testing he could go in the 1st. He ticks a lot of boxes.

Cam Smith in tier 5 is a surprise….

I think the testing is really gonna matter for him. There’s this perception out there that he’s not the same level of athlete as the other guys. True or not, we’ll find out soon enough.

1 Like