Daniel Jones & Giants

Now Florio couches this in a “could ask for” but just thinking that D Jones could ask for 45M per.

Indeed, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that Jones is seeking more than what the Giants have offered to date. Specifically, he notes that Jones’ ask could be for a deal averaging “as much as $45MM per season.” That would represent a steep increase in price compared to the $35MM-per-year region a new contract has been expected to land in. It would also, of course, mark a much larger figure than what the non-exclusive franchise tag ($32.4MM) would cost for 2023.

Then a possible 38m per from the NYP writer:
While Florio’s update is certainly noteworthy, one from Paul Schwartz of the New York Post falls in line with previous reporting on the Jones situation. He notes that the “ballpark” contract the team is eyeing is five years and $190MM, which equates to an AAV of $38MM. Spreading out the cap hit on such a pact would give the Giants valuable flexibility, and confirm their stated goal of moving forward with him as their franchise QB. Negotiations could take an interesting turn now, however, as free agency draws nearer.

If Jones gets $38m per what does Goff get? Someone check on @JD9 as QB $$ keep rising.

Giants are dummies if they pay Davey Jones 45m (he saw his face and I’m not a believer). Just give us your 1st, 2nd, 4th and 2024 1st and 3rd and grab Levis or Richardson. DaBoll could clearly work with either one.

2 Likes

If Goff has another high caliber year i don’t want to see his numbers on a new contract, if Jones gets that kind of $$$.

Keep rising for me means find Goffs replacement. We have Goff under contract for 3 more years. If he won’t play under the tag, trade him for beans. We are lucky to have a QB under contract who is a “bargain” compared to market value. Use that up and move on. Or give him his eventually 50M+ AAV contract and watch the beginning of the end.

2 Likes