Daniel Jones probably got the best long term deal for QB's

Thats 16.66% of your cap though…Teams generally wanted to keep that towards 13-14% right? Maybe that is now a pipe dream with Jimmy Slackjaw paying Happy Baby Deshaun $46m a year, basically 21.x% at signing…

Agree… close enough though…

If Goff made a SB with #20 ranked D, and missing his #1 WR by age 23, but Josh Allen can’t get to a SB with the #1-2 D, and a top WR… by age 26…. What does it all mean?

In 8 years the Warriors have 6 Finals appearances and 4 rings…. Lebron has 2 rings (Lakers and Cavs)… and 2 more appearances (Cavs)… if we push it 4 years more? 2 more Lebron Rings and 2 more additional finals appearances….

• in 12 years we have 8 Lebron finals and 6 Steph Curry finals…. And 8 rings….

Bucks, Raptors, Mavericks, Spurs…that’s the rest of the champs… never heard from again except the Bucks-

So basically have Curry or Lebron? Have Brady or Mahomes?

Mahomes or Brady have been in 6 of 7, and with one together

2 Likes

If Goff takes them to the NFC Championship, he’s not taking 40 million. Take out that 4 and put a 5 in front of that and nobody will be able to argue considering the deals QBs will be signing either this summer or next year. If you’ve got a top 10 QB (and one would assume an NFCC game will be because he is one), then you’re paying market. And it will be 45 - 50. And I won’t even be mad, because that’s just how it is in the NFL; I will just have to trust Brad Holmes and Rod Wood with the books to not kill the teams’ ability to keep people around him.

You could probably get away with 40 if you try to sign him this offseason, and even then he might very well tell you thanks but no thanks, see you next March. His agent probably doesn’t even want to answer a phone call from Brad Holmes until 2024.

That’s true. The one game I did catch of theirs he did surprise me with how decent he was. His line and receivers REALLLLLYY let him down.

They will probably surround him wit talent over the next two years and reasses. Maybe the take bijan in round 1? Lol

Its always like this.

70s-Got Bradshaw or Staubach or Tarkenton.

80s- Got Montana? Elway?

90s Kelly Aikman

2000s brady mannings

2010 brady manningss

2020s Mahomes

1 Like

My heart cries for the lack of Erin here…

Finished your thought. :innocent:

1 Like

Love this post.
Sometimes its just about the best player taking over the game.
I think ts very true in hoops, less so in football, but you stated your case well.
Borrow is prolly the next guy up.
NFC is wide open though.

I’d be out of the league after my first $50 million lol f a Super Bowl
I wanna retire and travel and eat and live

2 Likes

Agree on this point when the only measure is Super Bowl

Some call Brady the goat and BB the goat too.

Goff might not be the only hall of fame QB to lose to them. Lol

agree…

Until proven otherwise it would appear that Mahomes may potentially be in 2 of the next 3 SBs…

That leaves one shot for Herbert, Allen, Burrow, Lawrence… COMBINED! Does that mean everyone punts for 4 years? Tries to somehow empty the pantry of future assets and goes all in for King Caleb?

• I think maybe putting together an offense that scores 27 points a game, and a defense capable of holding teams to an average of 21 or less points… and you are cooking with gas!

• We did that the last 10 weeks, and coincidentally went 8-2…

Now add CGJ, Troy Hill, and Bobby Wagner to this defense… We could literally have 1 hole at DT, and could use one more body at CB in the draft…

suddenly we are pretty complete team

I probably have Geno Smith the best of the lot. I know he was pretty crap early in his career but I watched him a few times last year and he’s pretty legit to me. He doesn’t have near the o-line that Goff does and outplayed him IMO.

I see them going WR early and often. I can certainly see Bijon if they can’t get anywhere with a Saquan extention.

1 Like

Mr. Lahey is back on the sauce again it seems…

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

The only thing I can think of is that Daboll had a strong influence there and believes he still hasn’t unlocked Jones’s full potential yet. That’s really the only thing I can think of because “right now” I don’t think he’s worth it.

Guys have done it. Look at Andrew Luck. Made his 100 mill and said Adios Muchachos this rehab ain’t worth it.

1 Like