Danielle Hunter to the Texans (2yr/$49m, $48m guaranteed)

State tax difference on that amount is considerable too

3 Likes

Waitā€¦ do you mean to tell me that a free agent isā€¦
wellā€¦ FREE to choose where he wants to sign?

episode 2 friends GIF

1 Like

Too rich for my blood

1 Like

I can get behind 2/49 with a void year or two. But not $48m guaranteed

3 Likes

Shit in my ice cream

I will say, this is such a power move by the Texans. Theyā€™re already close. Rebuilt in literally one year. Now they put this monster across from Will Anderson?

Canā€™t say Iā€™m happy about Detroit neglecting DE opposite Hutch.

People can spin that anyway they want, I really donā€™t care, but itā€™s concerning.

4 Likes

All I say is that this is the benefit of a good QB on a rookie contract. Itā€™s why teams like the 49ers trade all their picks for a guy like Lance in hopes that heā€™s that guy. It immediately opens a window for 4-5 years that other teams just canā€™t touch.

2 Likes

We didnā€™t neglect DE we got Davenport every one on this board thought Holmes hit a home run with that.

Great point.

I have yet to see ā€œDavenportā€ and ā€œhome runā€ in the same sentence on this forum. Couldā€™ve missed it.

1 Like

I remember thinkingā€¦

ā€œI wonder if Brad will pony up the 22 mill per season that it will take to sign Hunterā€

1 Like

If they win the Super Bowl, which they will have a shot, they will be the model to follow. In the mean time, the Lions will still be watching at home.

The Vikes signed the guy Hunter replaced meaning Vikes got worse, Texans got better. I am cool with that.

2 Likes

I sure as hell dont. Hes a Harris/ Romeo replacement nothing more. 20% of snaps or less.

Davenport is DE 5/6

1 Like

And if Hutch gets chipped and double-teamed and we get zero production from the other edge again, Iā€™m curious if people here will say, ā€œYeah, guess Brad shouldā€™ve done ā€¦ so and so.ā€

Because Iā€™ll be the first to eat crow if we get elite (or even ā€œgoodā€) production opposite Hutch.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s my main issue as well. But I think it does depend to some extent where you fall on the pressure vs finishes debate and Iā€™m one of the idiots on the pressures side.

I do like that heā€™s a legit two way guy but personally if Iā€™m spending that kind of money I prefer the Hutch/Crosby type who impact a huge % of drop-backs.

Hunter is a very, very good player but that number is pushing it for me. Ultimately I thought he come in around 23m per so Iā€™m probably getting too granular. But totally agree donā€™t like the full guarantee and am quite certain that Brad wouldnā€™t either.

1 Like

And before anyone says, ā€œYou cannot expect elite production from both edges.ā€

Yes, you can. Mack and Bosa did. And now the Texans went and paired Hunter with Anderson. Iā€™m probably missing another half dozen examples.

1 Like

Im confused we had a chance to help Hutchinson like we all said. Detroit teams are afraid to spend

1 Like

I donā€™t think Hunter is that much better than 2023 Greenard. The problem is Greenard doesnā€™t have the track record of staying healthy.

1 Like

There is no guarantee hunter even answered our phone callā€¦ can we at least admit that maybe he wanted to go home and not assume it means Brad was being cheap? Quite possibly both are true but here is another truth, we likely never know if hunter was a consideration

4 Likes