Danielle Hunter to the Texans (2yr/$49m, $48m guaranteed)

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1767679070194520531

That … is supremely disappointing.

7 Likes

I know we were both on the Hunter train, however unlikely it was that it would happen for us. I’m curious to see what the term is.

4 Likes

Gonna be pissed if very reasonable terms!!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767679740175880371

Almost 100% guaranteed. Wow.

I mean we basically have Hunter, but his name is Charles Harris … Am i RiTe @Mr.Peabody ???

1 Like

Lions were never paying that for him!

6 Likes

That is… I’m with you. Wow.

1 Like

He was asking for $30m per year according to earlier reports.

I think Holmes has hit home runs. We are playing for 2028!

1 Like

Betcha that guarantee got him to back off a little on the overall number.

5 Likes

We are still rebuilding

1 Like

I wonder if the essentially fully guaranteed contract was enough to move him down or if he just didn’t have the market for it.

I would have considered that number. I don’t think Brad would have but here’s the thing, maybe he did. And maybe Hunter chose to go to Houston out of loyalty to the Vikings. Or the fact he’s from Houston. We’ll never know.

1 Like

Everyone should remember he went to high school in a suburb of Houston. It’s possible we were in for him and he chose to go back home.

3 Likes

I just don’t know with that amount of guaranteed money if you could make all the extensions you need to make work, work. There’s always a way, but that is a big number to work around.

Alot of us wanted Hunter. HOWEVER, there was no guarantee it would happen. So given an alternate scenario, I am pretty happy with him going to a team like the Texans rather than the Bears, Packers, resign with Vikings, 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Rams, etc.

1 Like

Moves like this make you wish they’d have landed Saquan too. Because #1. Takes him out of the NFC and #2. Texans are going to be a fun team to watch this year.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Yup let’s get Hunter to Texans
Snead & Fuller in the AFC
JJ to the Dolphins
Etc

Lol that they wouldn’t guanrtee the full 49 million only 48 million

1 Like