Darius Slay

“Former Lions CB Darius Slay captured the NFC Defensive Player of the Week with two interceptions and five total PDs in Philadelphia’s win over Minnesota.”

Such a mallicant .

7 Likes

Looks like he finally stopped sucking off the competition. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

How the hell does Patricia still have a job in the NFL. Why would any coach run a guy like Slay off???

5 Likes

Compound it by dumping Diggs.

6 Likes

Yeah him and Diggs, just unbelievable both went on to be pro bowl type players.

4 Likes

:100:
I agree with the premise here… but just want to further clarify that Slay was coming off 3 straight pro bowls… one of those years he was all-pro.

Diggs hadn’t yet made a pro bowl… but his play was ascending and near pro bowl level… so it isn’t like it was a change of teams made the difference.

That was like Quinntricia trying to force Lawyer Milloy type of transaction… simply because Patricia was an unlikeable ass that alienated most of the players.

Campbell may not be perfect… but watching the Hard Knocks cuts episode just illustrates how much mutual respect there is between him and the players. Players were hugging him and thanking him when they left the room… just as their NFL dream took a crushing blow. That speaks volumes….

3 Likes

Good for slay!!!

He seemed a bit hobbled up late in the game though.

I recall a good chunk of the board at the time was pro Patricia and fine with shipping off Diggs. I remember getting into some fierce disagreements at the time

4 Likes

Patty and DC are lightyears apart. It’s not even close.

3 Likes

In 2018, Patricia was able to shut down Brady and beat the Pats, holding Brady to 130 yards passing with Diggs and Slay playing a huge role in the victory. including a game ending INT by Slay. Then we traded them away for magic beans. smh

Patty knew that was a gift from BB to be repaid later.

2 Likes

The worst part… is those beans weren’t even “magical”….

it was a 3rd and a 5th rounder. :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

4 Likes

God forbid we end up having to play the Eagles in the playoffs in the next couple-few years. I wouldn’t even throw it to whatever half of the field he was on. For every play. The entire game. Not once.

1 Like

Well I mean we did burn him for a TD in week 1. Goff made a beauty throw to Chark in the end zone.

Slay is a playmaker, but you can get some big plays on him. A little Dre Bly to his game. I remember 2 years ago a game where Metcalf put up like 200 yards on him. Slay is a great player, but a good QB can attack him at times.

1 Like

I agree with all of this, I was more referring to the “well of course he’d end up doing that to the Lions” aura that the team is stymied with against really good, former players. More of a joke, brother!

2 Likes

And just a reminder of how tone deaf Patricia is. He drafted Darius Slay’s younger cousin to play in our secondary (Tracy Walker) and then shipped Slay the fuck out of town. WTF? If you recall they are real deal cousins, both going to the same high school in Georgia. Justin Coleman was also friends with the group and went to the same high school.

Here is Slay’s pre-draft and post-draft tweets that year. One getting excited that his cousin is about to join him in the NFL. The next being extra excited that his cousin was going to join him in the Lions secondary.

6 Likes

Agree. That would be like Fatty Patty shafting us all over again.

1 Like

Slay apparently had watched a ton of film on Justin Jefferson, knew his routes and tendencies, jumped them repeatedly. even given that, what he did was impressive.

I hope Jeff Okudah was paying attention.

3 Likes

That tells me the Vikes offense is predictable! Smash Cousins, and good things happen, the Eagles proved that.

If Okudah has any sort of short-coming, it won’t be lack of study/effort.

3 Likes